icon

Pioneer AVIC D1 bypass same as AVIC N1?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Coloradope 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  

Has anyone successfully bypassed the e-brake, VSS and Gyro with the D1 yet? I would assume it is very close to the N1 if not identical.

Also, are people having luck cutting the GPS antenna or is this not a good way to do this bypass?

Thanks for any help.

12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
No. Can't bypass the D1...period.
Coloradope 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 10:25 AM / IP Logged  

12V_REP wrote:
No. Can't bypass the D1...period.

Does this mean you cant do it right now, or you will never be able to do it?

What about an indash system like the Eclipse AVN5435...would this be able to be bypassed. The reason I bought this deck (AVIC D1) is because I have a child and I would like him to be able to watch DVD's on long trips. I have a Regular cab Chevy Colorado with Double DIN and would like an in dash screen, not a flipout, so you can see where my issue lies. Any suggestions?

12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
First off the AVIC-D1 is not a DVD player, so hopefully someone did not sell you this unit as a DVD player. Second, there has been no bypass that has worked yet that does not involve cutting stuff that is not meant to be cut, and I don't know if those have even worked. From what I have read on this site, the Eclipse is bypassable, although I do not know the method.
granpa yum 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  

the best you can do is put a switch on the rear light sensor and 12v and hook the output for the rear screens into the input for the rear camera. this isnt the best solution but i hear it works

godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
It works, and is probally the simplest solution. Plus if i am not mistaken the other solutions ya can use gps while this ya can.
dwhs 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
granpa yum wrote:

the best you can do is put a switch on the rear light sensor and 12v and hook the output for the rear screens into the input for the rear camera. this isnt the best solution but i hear it works

I'm confused.

So step one:

What do you do with the e brake wire?

Step 2 :

You have to connect the brake light wire? And if so then where?

step 3:

Anygthing else that needs to be done?

Thanks,

Charles

Dsteinmann 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
Just Get a Kenwood DDX8017
granpa yum 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
[I'm confused.

So step one:

What do you do with the e brake wire? install it like you normally would

Step 2 :

You have to connect the brake light wire? And if so then where? this is the hardest part. first, take an on-off switch(spst)(at radioshack for like 2 bucks).  then, connect one leg of the switch to a 12v power source. connect the other leg to the brake light wire. mount the switch and youre done.

step 3:

Anygthing else that needs to be done? hook your dvd player/ps2/whatever up as you normally would. take an rca cable and connect the rear screen video output to the rear view camera input.

the basic idea is that you want the system to think youre in reverse, so instead of connecting it to a brake light, you connect it to a switch so you can control that. then the rear screen output, which can always be watched, is fed into the rear view camera input, so it can be watched on the unit itself.

to my knowledge this does not void the warranty of the unit since you are not opening it or modifying it, but i could be wrong. and it is definatly illegal

granpa yum 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2005 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F015%5F001&product%5fid=275%2D708

that would be a good switch, or any toggle switch really. just make sure its rated for automotive use(i had a switch burn up once back when i didnt know that much about electricity)

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic