icon

506T and Clifford 10.5X

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Agdodge4x4 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
I had an alarm place install my alarm system not too long ago. Recently, i got a 506t glass break sensor.
I hooked the harness to the alarm box and to the audio sensor. On my alarm, there are two ports that are 'extra' for things such as this. Now, i left the third plug (the one with the looped green wire) not plugged into anything
The sensor works, and it registers as zone 4 on my 2-way remote, but the little cracked glass icon does not flash when its going off. How do i fix this? Did i do something incorrect?
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2005 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Do i need a bitwriter to make this happen?
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 6:22 AM / IP Logged  
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/clifford/N3301X_02-05.pdf
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. However, i purchased this alarm from y installer and they installed it. As such, i already have the install guide. It is absolutely useless for my question. It says that i have two ports available, any genious can look at the brain and see that. It does not tell me how to make my alarm remote register the cracked glass icon with zone 4 when it goes off.
Any more ideas??
Agdodge4x4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2005 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
Since no one here had any idea how to fix it, i took it back to my installer and they fixed it for me.
So, for all you professional installers, ill tell you what they did to make this sensor register correctly on the 2-way remote (in case you run across this).
They called DEI, and DEI instructed them on how to do it with the bitwriter. Basically, they had to tell the remote/alarm that zone 4 on this system is the glass break sensor.
Not rocket science...with all these folks, i am very surprised no one had any inkling. Apparantly the alarm is very new so maybe thats it.
Thanks anyway.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic