icon

personal experiences with online vendors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  

These are just some experiences I have had with online vendors. Figured I would share them.

(-) onlinecarstereo.com - They were nice enough to "upgrade" my order of a svc 4-ohm infinity sub to a dvc 4-ohm without telling me. Then when I called, the customer service rep didn't know the difference between 4 ohm and 2 ohm and couldn't figure out why there was a problem. Then it was a nightmare getting a refund for the sub. I decided to give them one more chance and placed another order for a different sub that was listed in stock on their site. At least this time they called me before they "upgraded" my order on a out of stock item that they had listed as in stock.

(+/-) sounddomain.com - They seem like a very good vendor, but the one order I have placed with them so far got screwed up. They had a sub listed as being in stock on their site and I ordered it. Well it seems that they forgot to show that it was out of stock and I didn't want to wait for two weeks so I cancelled my order. I'll probably order from them again though as their customer service reps were very nice and they have some very good prices.

(+) thezeb.com - Excellent customer service, good prices, no problems whatsoever and I have placed many orders through them. They even let me make an exchange on an amp that I had ordered and decided I didn't need after all.

(+)crutchfield.com - The best of the best. These guys are by far one of the best retail businesses I have ever dealt with for anything.  They will bend over backwards for you and are always a pleasure to deal with. Their prices may not be the lowest, but you know if anything ever goes wrong they will take care of you. In my opinion paying a little extra to order from crutchfield is well worth it.

skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  

Seeing That Ive bought from Sounddomain, Zeb and Crutchfield in the past, I can safley saw that I was pleased with them, even thought I hate Paying authorized prices

Now some others Ive had good dealings with are:
(+) Ikesound.com - Since there a 10 minute drive from my house they never screw up an order, they know I can kill them with ease
(+) Soniclectronx.com - I give them a plus due to the fact I have dealt with ther owner Nate Victor many times and hes has taken care of me personally when something went wrong, plus hes has 4 open lawsuites against Manafactures for not provided warranty service to unauthorized products,  which I believe he will win in the end, it will be a long process but it will help us all in the future

Later all

--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
Darlabbq 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  
Darvex.com is a good place to buy from! My stuff arrived in about 3 days from ordering and it was great prices!
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
Must be the weekend coming up or something. How would it " help all of us " if somebody sues to force a manufacturer to warranty product bought from an un authorized dealer? I can only see two things happening here. First, frivilous litagation causing prices to rise and second, idiots with no product training selling stuff they know nothing about. ( the difference between 2 and 4 ohms maybe? )
skoldspuppy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
Must be the weekend coming up or something. How would it " help all of us " if somebody sues to force a manufacturer to warranty product bought from an un authorized dealer? I can only see two things happening here. First, frivilous litagation causing prices to rise and second, idiots with no product training selling stuff they know nothing about. ( the difference between 2 and 4 ohms maybe? )
Well let me explain my view on the subject:
If a company is going to abide by The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act they should be forced to provied warranty service no matter how or where the product was purchased, Due note the product has been completely paid in full well before it even leaves the factory
There is no excuse for a company to deny a warranty claim just because someone refuses to pay double or triple the cost
The company is not protecting themself, there just being greedy.
Heres the best example:
Honda New Car Dealer sells a brand new 05 Civic to a Used Car Dealer for $13,000 with The Honda 3 year 36,000 mile warranty
Now Used Car Dealer sells that same brand new 05 Civic to me for $13,500 is the Honda warranty now void? NO!  Because the automobile industry knows if they acted like the Mobile Electronics Industry they would get their pants sued off

Its all about being fair to the consumer, we as consumers are entitled to shop around and always get the best price, so why punish us for not wanting to get ripped off.

Thats my view on it
--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 12, 2005 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
"idiots with no product training selling stuff they know nothing about."
How is that any different than most stores nowadays?
And to stay on topic I've been buying from mmxpress.com for years now. Never sent me the wrong items, always ship quick, and handled a warranty issue fantasticly.
Also bought from woofersetc.com and thezeb.com with no problems.
Mike
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Skold, I have much respect for your opinions on this board but I don't understand the " paid in full before it leaves the factory" part. The retailer is the final seller and the manufacturer should be able to determine who that retailer is. If JL prints on all their boxes " Product warranty valid only if purchased from an authorized JL AUDIO dealer" why should they have to do warranty repairs on product two stepped from some one else?

PS: If you're paying double or triple on car audio gear the sky is a different color in your world, the margins in car stereo are nowhere near double or triple.

PSS: I take GREAT exception to " How is that any different than most stores nowadays". I'm a professional.

skoldspuppy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
 PS: If you're paying double or triple on car audio gear the sky is a different color in your world, the margins in car stereo are nowhere near double or triple.
My example would be:
The JL13W7 its MSRP is around $900 give or take, my guy who is authorized says its $999.99
Now all cost included, research, development, raw materials, labor, shipping etc.. it cost JL around $250.00 per sub give or take 3%-5%, Im in manafacturing I see numbers all day long for almost every industry, give me a day or two and I'll hack JL and get confidential documents
My distributor is charged $350 per 13W7 directly from JL "I've seen his books I handle all his IT stuff on the side from my 9-5" , he in turns sells it at $750 thats nearly double the price and if he would sell it a the $999.99 MSRP that would be triple the price
So yes in south florida the sky is sometimes a lovely shade of gray
I see it first hand whether or not it is the same in your case I cant say
Excellent Discussion though
--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
Skold, Is this a retailer or a distributer who is buying this for $350? If it's a distributor he's not selling it for $750 to $999. If it's a retailer he's not buying it for $350. You have elimenated one person between manufacturer and consumer. The sky is bright blue out here in Central Caly.
skoldspuppy 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
Skold, Is this a retailer or a distributer who is buying this for $350? If it's a distributor he's not selling it for $750 to $999. If it's a retailer he's not buying it for $350. You have elimenated one person between manufacturer and consumer. The sky is bright blue out here in Central Caly.
He operates as both he has a retail store front another holding that he owns company and then he distrubutes out his brands to other shops
So yes believe his numbers are right on par, most of his brands dont have clue he operates both a distribution and a retail outlet as well as many other business
If your paying less than that, more power to you
If your paying more I offer my condolences
In his case its all about quanity he buys alot, the more quanity the better breaks
Its no different when I buy dells for my company, there $299.00 Dimension 2400 computer cost us only $149.00 when we buy a lot of 100 or more

So theres alittle on how us shady business people work "J/K"

Have Fun

--Skold

P.S. Sorry for getting of topic guys if anyone wants to delete all my post and clean up the thread please do

As for online shopping I get you some more reviews later this weekend

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic