icon

Eclipse AVN5435

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aurora4.0 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah, the AGREE message is very annoying.   There is nothing we can do about it though......Eclipse says.

I'm also getting what appears to sound like feedback coming out of my front right speaker.   It sounds like a buzzing noise.  Also when I accelerate my speed, the noise becomes a higher pitch.  Anyone have an idea to what this could be? 

I have not been able to get regular CD's to show information either.  I am positive that somewhere in the manuals it says it does...  I'll have to keep reading!!

eboyer 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  

I just got another response from Eclipse stating that the titles work automatically for some CDs. I have tried about a dozen of mine, some old, some new, with no success.

eboyer 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2005 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

Additional info for the AVN5435, 95.  Be advised, if you add the CD changer, it does NOT play MP3 discs, only standard audio CDs.  The CD drive in the head unit does play MP3s.

aurora4.0 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

When I had my AVN installed I made sure that the installer would make my factory steering wheel controls work.  They had to install a little LED "eye" in my center console to transmit the information from my steeringwheel to the unit.  Sometimes my steering wheel controls work, and sometimes the don't. 

Does anyone know what this could be?  

(and yes..... I've made sure there is nothing in the way of the LED "eye". to transmit the information)

gspot35 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
aurora4.0 wrote:

When I had my AVN installed I made sure that the installer would make my factory steering wheel controls work.  They had to install a little LED "eye" in my center console to transmit the information from my steeringwheel to the unit.  Sometimes my steering wheel controls work, and sometimes the don't. 

(and yes..... I've made sure there is nothing in the way of the LED "eye". to transmit the information)

gspot35 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
aurora4.0 wrote:

You are using infrared to control the radio.  The IR works great but requires certain conditions to be met.  The condition you are probably experiencing when it doesn't work is increased amount of ambient light on your radio.  You should begin to notice the darker the car is, the better response you get from your steering wheel control.  You could also try to locate the emitter closer to the deck as the amplitude of the IR signal dimenishes as the distance increases.  I put mine right on the bezel of the stereo about 1/2" away from the IR receiver.  It works flawlessly unless the radio is washed out with sunlight.  What brand steering wheel interface did you get?

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
OK, the problem with the door chimes and the radio staying on sounds like you have a defective databus 2 by pass module. I suggest going to where you got it put in and asking them to exchange it, also as for the chimes being loud, request they mount the box upside down and it will quite the sound. The CD text is only availible on select discs and they are definatly many more that dont have it than those that do. I dont know about the radio station names though. With the infared eye, is this actually in a corvette and if it is, is it a convertable. Those modules require carefull placement in convertables because the sun completly ****s with them. And they installer wont even know its a problem unless he takes the car outside with the roof down. Hope something here helps.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
eboyer 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  

Has anyone noticed if the display dims when the headlights are on?  There is a connection for the headlights, but mine does not seem to work.  Furthermore when you press the DISP button, the owner's manual says there should be a "DAY" button to switch the brightness between day and night intensity.  I don't have this button either.

gspot35 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
eboyer wrote:

Has anyone noticed if the display dims when the headlights are on?  There is a connection for the headlights, but mine does not seem to work.  Furthermore when you press the DISP button, the owner's manual says there should be a "DAY" button to switch the brightness between day and night intensity.  I don't have this button either.

I don't think you have the connection made for the dimmer to work.  My "DAY" button only is available when my headlights are on.

eboyer 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

I suspected that was the case, thanks for the confirmation.

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic