icon

'99 Accord window rollup wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oardila 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

I am installing a simple rollup module on this car, which has a csi-300 code alarm system, however, in the polarity part of the wiring diagram for the windows it says (REV), which i imagine means reversed polarity, correct me if i am wrong. My question is: how do i prove for the correct wire with this kind of polarity? I have tested every single of them for (+) and the voltmeter shows 0.

Can something be damaged if i test for (-) polarity on a circuit that is positive, or REV?

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
According to the chart I have it's type A. If your new to window modules, try reading this for a little insight.
http://directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1042.pdf
Window wiring for your car: http://directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=2717&product=Accessory
Steve G
oardila 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  

According to what a Type A switch is described as in that PDF file on window modules (very good by the way, thanks) the circuit rests on ground when released, and sends +12V to the motor when the depressed, so should not the voltmeter read 12V when the switch is pressed and the window working? currently it reads 0.

The way i am doing it is resting the black lead of the voltmeter on a metal thing under the dash where other things are grounded, and testing for voltage with the red lead in the different wires that are on the switch harness. if i am doing it wrong please correct me, however none of these wires show voltage which means i am the one that must be doing something wrong. I tested the voltmeter with a battery and its fine.

The diagram Iskidoo sent me is great and it the wires pointed out in it are in fact in that harness, however they have no reading. go figure.

I put the whole alarm on with dome light, heatlights, and even put the trunk release solenoid on, so i know i can find wires with the voltmeter, but this is starting to frustrate me, although it looks so simple.

thanks a lot Iskidoo and anyone else that can give me a hand on this one.

Oardila

accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
i did my 98 accord 4 door with 2 dei 530t's and it works great i spliced between each motor and switch for better contact i also ran wires to each door so that all doors have 1 touch function. kinda pain in the ass runing the wires to each door beacuse if u know honda don't give u much room in that door boot lol good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic