icon

02 Blazer Passlock issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtreme_chick 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the unit did also have a remote start. Which I know im going to hate being gone during the winter.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  

I have found that MANY Car Dealers that don't understand the workings & Installation of Remote Starts & ByPass kits, tend to want the System Removed and return the vehicle back to stock.  Not only to charge the customer shop labor, but also to give the customer some sort of security that the Factory System is beast and that the Aftermarket Installer is the cause of the problem............

If you are gonna miss that Remote Start, have a Reputable Shop install one.

I'll just bet that the SALES Department at the Car Dealer that fixed your vehicle could recommend one and the Service Department doesn't know one

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
yeap dealerships try to bs people most of the time. I had a dealer bring me a 02 tacoma that had a lojack and lojack alarm, the turn signals & hazard lights stopped working so the certified master mechanic blamed the alarm. came to be the flasher was bad so we charged the dealership for the inspection.
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen chevys of that year have defective factory connections on the main ignition harness plug attached the the key cylinder. have your techs check those connections to, as they can cause all sorts of problems like that. Or, if the dealer techs wherever you are are anything like the ones we have in Alaska, Just check them yourself.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
grizzlee 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
i
grizzlee 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  

I have a 2001 GMC jimmy with a PRIME PS-X45 alarm/remote start.  I currently have the remote start hooked up only (installed by a professional)  the other day I hit the start button (paging remote) and the vehicle failed to start.  So I got in and tried my key (NO START!!)  I tried several times then just left the vehicle behind.  We have no GM dealer locally so I asked a local mechanic and he told me to try a different key.  I went down with the wife and kids and this time I started right up????  I installed a Cdn Tire brand remote in my 2000 Grand am and it did the same thing when I did not have the right resistance for the passlock system, and I know with the grand am all you have to do is cycle the key 10 times or so?  Is the system in the Jimmy the same (cycle key) until the computer (passlockII) recognizes it??

It worked fine before this happened (awesome range!) but I disabled the Prime start because I don't want to get stranded.

Is there a way to test the system (resistance change??)

Don

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic