icon

install 791xv in 04 ford focus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Covette03 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
I was just wondering if anyone could help me out with my remote start install of the 791 xv and also help me out on wireing aftermarket door lock actuators to the 451m door lock relay module or if i even need to use the 451m?
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
If you already have power locks then you don't need the actuators or the 451M. If you do not have power locks then wire them using the figure for Type D in the following door lock guide. http://directechs.com/techtips/pdfs/resources/security/directed_techtips/1041.pdf
Wiring diagram here: http://directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=5604&product=Remote%20Start
Steve G
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks a lot for the diagram! There are two things left that I'm confused about.

H1/3 WHITE/ BLUE remote start (-) activation input- it says i need to have 2 consecutive ground pulses on the WHITE/ blue wire for the remote start to activate/deactivate. So what excatly does that mean (do i just install the wire to a negative?) ? It also shows how to connect it but in the diagram it doesn't say what to connect it to. Can you help here?

Relay key switch interface wire connection guide- The Green starter input it says to attach this wire to the key side of the starter wire for anti grind and for the starter kill to be active. So do I just connect this wire to the starter wire excatly behind where my keys go to start the car (ignition harness directly behind the ignition)?

Thanks a lot for your help!

iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
Use the WHITE/ blue if you want to remote start the car from inside the vehicle without the remote. You hook a momentary N/O switch to ground and the other side to the WHITE/ blue wire. This is optional and doesn't need to be wired up. It's just a convenience option. You will need to buy a momentary push switch if you decide to use it.
The Green starter wire is used if you want starter kill/anti grind. This is also optional. Instead of just connecting the Purple starter output to the vehicle's starter wire, you would cut the vehicle's starter wire in two. You connect the purple to the side of the wire going to the starter motor. Then hook the Green to the key side of the cut wire. The internal relays in the 791xv brain will allow the key to be used when disarmed and not remote started. It will break the vehicle's starter wire connection when armed or remote started. This is so you don't get in and turn the key one click too far and regrind the starter motor when the engine is already running.
Steve G
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks a lot for your help! I was about to just give up and let someone else do it but since this site I'm 100% sure everything will work out. Thanks a lot for your time and help!
iskidoo 
Posted: August 14, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
No problem, post back if you need more help and remember to post your results.
Steve G
Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

I just want to make sure before I do this to make sure I have it wired up right.

451m:

• GREEN/ black to green wire on actuator
  • WHITE/ black and BROWN / black are the chassis ground wires
  • violet/black and violet are connected and left open (not using)
  • blue/black to blue wire on actuator

Will it be ok to connect all green and all blue wires of each (4) actuators togeather and connect them to the 451m?

Covette03 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

I'm having problems installing the remote start. I connected all the wires to what I thought was right and then the unit was plugged into the brain the car wouldn't remote start or even start with the key. whenever I unplugged the unit from the brain of the 791xv then I could start the car with the key just fine. Can you help me with this.

I connected to unit to the wires that were directly connected to the key part of the steering column. The wires didn't match the wire digram that you gave me but i think I hooked it up right.

endless talent 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not going to get into the remote start portion on this post, but when adding actuators you DO connect all green and all blues together.  The Violets ARE used, and go to a strong source of 12V+.  By the way, that may be a tricky install, if I remember correctly they use cables instead of rods and can require a lot of adjustment to get them right.
iskidoo 
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
Are these the wires you used for remote start?
install 791xv in 04 ford focus -- posted image.
Steve G
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic