Alarm wiring advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Catnipsta 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  

Hi

I am planning to install a Toad Ai606 alarm to my VW Golf III, but I have one issue that I need to understand.  I am a bit confused with negative/positive tirggers (i.e. door triggers).  As shown in my VW  Golf manual's electrical diagrams, I know that the interior light/door trigger circuit is connected as follows: battery - light - trigger - ground.  From my electrical knowledge, I need to connect my alarm's trigger wire between the light and trigger.......am I correct? Is this called a negative trigger circuit and "going to ground"? or positive trigger circuit and "going to 12+ve" ?

many thanks in advance.

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
Door Trigger blue/silver   -  blk box right of st. column
this is for 98 golf (uk)  negative door trigger means when you open the door this wire will read negative, with the door close should read nothing or 12 volts positive ok.Alarm wiring advice - Last Post -- posted image.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
Catnipsta 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

Am I correct to understand that the wire you are referring to is the alarm wire to be connected between the light and trigger?   The state of this wire and the existing wire that connects the light to the trigger should be the same, right?

Is this also reffered to as "going to ground"?

many thanks dare_ds69 Alarm wiring advice - Last Post -- posted image. src="https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/smileys/smiley1.gif">

riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
It's real simple what is the polarity of the door trigger when the switch makes contact when the door is open if it's positive the its a positive trigger if it's negative then it's negative. just connect to your alarm trigger wire to the corrosponding polarity . alarms have two wires for positive and negative , that way you can have that alarm hooked up into many different cars. just cut the one you dont need. good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic