icon

shallow depth subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rxzruby 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

hello, i was wondering what the general consenses was on the "new" shallow mounting depth subs were?

pioneer premier

blaupunkt

i think their are 2 more but i can not remember them as of now. are they worth the extra money or should i just buy a shallow standard style of sub like the new jl audio 10w1v2 (4.3" deep)

it is going under the rear seat of my avalanche. oh and all i want is just 1x10" but i suppose i would go with a 12" if it would fit.

Thanks,

Rxzruby

Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2005 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

what do you have work with for mounting depth ? and what type of sound are you looking for ?

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 4:49 AM / IP Logged  

will you be able to fit a box under your seat as they will not go free-air well under a seat. looks like your gonna need some sort of under seat box, maybe something made from fibreglass to mould to the underside of your seat. the pioneers need something like 26litres which is not alot but again your underseat space is what counts

6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
Rxzruby 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

i have about 5.5" to work with.

i am looking for something that i can listen to everyday and hear every tone that was ment to be heard. also, when times come i want to crank up the bass and have it hit, i want to feel it in my chest. i dont care about spl or volume, just a good sound quality and when i turn it up it will be able to hit.

i am looking for something that has a clean, tight, crisp sound to it.

75% percent of the time i am listening to rock/heavy metal

20%rap/hip-hop

5%every thing else but country.

Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
if you want your sub to hit then that is spl dude. look before you begin to go off into dream land please tell us the amount of space you're working with here becuase an under box is gonna be very small unless you drive a bus
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
take a look at the Blau OD series subs... they sound great and are made quite thin
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Rxzruby 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  

Bigsingh wrote:
if you want your sub to hit then that is spl dude. look before you begin to go off into dream land please tell us the amount of space you're working with here becuase an under box is gonna be very small unless you drive a bus

you dont have to be so rude about it, i dont know that is why i am here - to get information, shhhhhsh.

kklagge 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
Go with some Alpine Type R's...they only need 5" (10" sub) of mounting depth...they sound good, hit hard, only need a bit of sealed box space and they are pretty easy on the wallet.
kilj00y 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
im also in the need for some shallow subs (less than 5 inches). im considering the two earthquake sws-8s to go under the rear seat in my 05 frontier. ive read good reviews but havnt heard them myself.
the only downside ive read to these "slim subs" is that they require more volume than a conventional woofer.
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
I use a pair of Diamond Audio shallow mount subs that work great for me, mine are 4.6" mounting depth I believe, the newer ones are 4.8" according to their website, Diamond Audio DS10D2/DS10D4 they are down towards the bottom.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic