icon

shallow depth subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2005 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
ok not being rude, but if you guys want shallow depth subs, why not get real shallow depth subs like a pioneer for instance, or theres the phase linear aliante or summit around that name. these are real shallow depth around only 3.5 inches deep - here take a look at the pioneer www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=8668&taxonomy_id=25-130
they only need 28 litres of air space which is really nothing so why not have a look as they will be alot less awkward to place under your seat.
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

alright man i have the same problem u do.. i have a truck and not much room under the back seat and i have been searching for some time now to find some good shallow mount subs and i have found a set.... critical mass audio makes shallow mount subs and they handle crazy amounts of power... www.criticalmassaudio.com .. now i know they r kind of expensive but they r made by the same people who make icon tv's and icon tvs r great so i dont' think this company would make a bad product... i have heard there component speakers (8") and they use the same technology as the woofers... they sound great and only need .5 cubic ft to handle a 1000watts .. it don't get much better... if you cant find anyone that sells them.. we have a place here in nebraska that cares them.. let me know what u do man..

S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
i personally would check out the blau overdrive subs, they've got a 2.24" mounting depth and handle 400 rms ...remember...you've got 5.5" to play with, if the sub is going to be close to that with no power, you've gotta make sure you've got enough room for the cone to move properly with out hitting anything connected to the seat and still allow a little space for the bass to get out...other wire you might as well cover it with a pillow .
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
mudfoot 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2005 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
I just put 2 JL 10W1v2 i a downfiring box in the back of my x-cab chevy(99) they rock pretty darn good figuring their limited space. The mounting depth is 4.34".
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic