icon

2002 honda accord ex

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
damon9 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
I have a remotre start ( untouchable 260-fx) on a 2002 honda accord ex. Everything works fine, except that when I remote start the car the factory alarm goes off.  After which I hit the unlock button and the alarm goes off and the car runs.
damon
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

hey, is the untouchable something you installed with the factory alarm?

I installed an aftermarket remote starter into a '97 Civic that already had an alarm and keyless entry.  I had to install 2 extra relays that ran off the remote starter.  One relay was used to bypass the alarm's ignition wire, and the other was used to bypass the alarm's shock sensor.  When I remotely start the car, the first relay bypasses the alarm's ignition wire, so they keyless entry will still work while the car is running.  The second relay bypasses the shock sensor, so the alarm doesn't go off when the car remotely starts (shakes the car).

If this is what you're talking about, I can provide more info.  Here''s the link to the same problem that I was having, and solved with two relays (and a lot of help):

analog-ed 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

Damon9 is my son and I need to add some information to this problem.

The remote starter works fine, press the button and it starts. You can do this multiple times.But wait 10 minutes or so, and when you press the remote start button the car does not start but the alarm goes off.

If you then press the un-lock button on the remote, the alarm stops and the car remotely starts.

any suggestions....its driving us crazy

ed
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
you need to go into the driver door and tag a blue wire coming from the key cylinder with a negative off the remote start or you can also connect to ground all the time this will eliminate the factory system from armng.
analog-ed 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
If that is true I  guess it would be preferable to tag the blue wire for a neg from the remote start brain. I dont think I would want to ground it all the time. Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the factory alarm?
ed
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
yes but if someone else has a starter with an alarm built in they can try it that way as well.
analog-ed 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

Can anyone else comment on this problem?

And, is putting a negative on the blue wire in the door the only place to disarm the factory alarm. Is this the correct approach?

Ed

ed
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  

Quoting ED: "The remote starter works fine, press the button and it starts. You can do this multiple times.But wait 10 minutes or so, and when you press the remote start button the car does not start but the alarm goes off.  If you then press the un-lock button on the remote, the alarm stops and the car remotely starts."

Here is what is happening:  when you are waiting that 10 minutes, the factory alarm has passively armed, so when you try to remote start the immobilizer thinks it is being stolen and it will not allow the car to start.  And since the factory alarm disarms with the unlock wire, when you unlock the doors the car now allows the remote starter to start it.  So, Yes! The only way to disarm the factory alarm is to pulse the blue wire that runs from the switch to the key cylinder inside the drivers door before remote start. 

let me know if you need help on how to go about doing so.

J Rilla
Owner/Installer
analog-ed 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

So,If I remotely unlock the door prior to remote starting it should work.

Ed

ed
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
If you know for sure that unlocking the doors using your aftermarket remote always disarms the factory alarm, then yes, but I wouldn't want to unlock my doors before remote starting it unless you never leave any valuables or dont care if vandals break in.  All I can tell you is that on the EX that worked on, even though the factory alarm was supposed to disarm with unlock, there was still an issue of the factory alarm going off.  I would definately hook up your disarm wire to the wire in the door.  Just make sure you keep your wire away from the power windows.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic