the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Nissan Titan door unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  

Same as most 5 wire.  After cutting wire, Activate switch for Lock / Unlock

Dome Light and Bedlight as U know is controlled by a unit similar to CTM.  I have not tried to control those yet. 

Dome Supervision blue  -  BCM to right of column, pin 63

The blue wire is for the dome lights and puddle lights. For the step lights use RED / white in pin 62 at the BCM.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
f00dstamps 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
yea, i'm trying to figure out which is which. i have the domelight but i do not have the puddle lights (lights on the side view mirrors because i have the Big Tow Mirrors). the step lights? i'm still trying to figure out what that is exactly. i do not have side steps on my truck.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

Just pin 63  is needed

MO
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
what is the benefit of connecting the dome supervision wire? i currently do not have it connected and when i arm/lock, the domelight turns off. when i disarm/unlock, the domelight turns on.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
how am i supposed to wire up the 451 relay. it doesn't appear to be working correctly..
purple to 12 volt
GREEN/ black to motor lock wire that does not provide 12 V
WHITE/ black to motor lock wire that provides 12V when locked?
same for unlock?
mo12v 
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
When you cut your Lock / Unlock wires in half:
One side ( Motor ) will show NO Voltage when you press the Lock Button on Door
One side ( Switch ) will show votage when you press the Lock Button on Door
Same way with UNLock
MO
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
ok, i know what the problem was. the red wire going into the 451m was not getting enough voltage or current through the plug directly into the brain. i hooked that wire up to 12V directly and now the relay clicks.
the problem i run into now is that by hooking up the unlock to the unlock motor, i cannot unlock all the other doors. i can only unlock the driver's door. do you have a solution for this?
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2005 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
mo12v - thanks for all your help. this is what i ended up doing...
lock output connected to lock (in the door) and to the 451m relay to control the lock motor. i did the latter to get a solid ground so it would consistently lock each time. i did the former so that the domelight would turn off when armed/locked.
lock output connected to the unlock (in the door). i had no problems unlocking whatsoever. when i had the 451 controlling the door unlock, i was unable to lock any door besides the driver's door and this just wouldn't do.
dome supervision was not hooked up because the unlock through the door automatically turns on the dome light.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
5wire is a waste of time. Plus, it doesn't control your factory alarm or domelight turn-on.
Did you search for my post over at carsound.com? Hooking up locks in this truck is about a two-minute job---you're just poking two wires into two holes at the BCM---it would be a 10-second job, but the BCM is a little awkward to reach, that's all.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2005 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
chris - when you first replied i searched for NISSAN BCM and was unable to find anything. now that i'm searching again, i'm able to find some matches this time. previously , the search took way too long and it say "no matches found" and i figured that was it. i didn't realize it searched one forum at a time.
i found the info about the QX56. since i got it working now i don't need to do this trick. i like the way i've done this install because it assures that i get a proper ground during LOCK so it is consistent every time.
thank you all for your help.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic