icon

new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I have just bought myself a new car off a buddy of mine and i am looking to put in a system. It is a 1994 eagle talon tsi. my friend had just put some money into the performance mods before i bought it off him and it is a fairly quick car now. i am trying to take up as little space as possible but i still want it to pound. i went to a local instal shop and the guy there recommend that i run 1 12" alpine type x sub off of a rockford power t5002 amp, and then get a rockford power t4004 to run some components. What do you all think of this setup? Some other friends have told me to buy off the internet cause i can get stuff cheaper, but i am not huge on that idea. i would rather buy from a retail store. any suggestions on maybe what would work better for around the same price range would be awesome. I would also seal the sub. it saves me space and i am looking for the best sound quality. i was also sorta thinking of getting alpine amps like the mrd-m1005 and a mrv-f345 cause they are smaller and lighter (plus i think they look cooler). This is sorta a lot of money to throw away without looking into it a little so i thought i would get some ideas. thanks for any suggestions
Soccer_aholicnew system -- posted image.
mini14 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
well i don't know how much your price range is but it's way too rich for me    i would say go with a nice 12" 7500 from mtx and a ma audio hk 1998   that would run you about    400 at the most   you can get a hk 598/597 to run the highs     at least that is what i would do good luck
Alpine CDA-9847---Alpine MRP-T220---Eclipse 36201---6.5" Type S Components---6.5" Type S Coaxials---2 10" Thunder6000's Isobaric
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know about ma audio... it seems to me that they have some crazy power ratings and i am not sure if i trust them. like i have read up on the new rockford power amps and they put out way more they they are actually rated at. i need an amp that will put out about 1000 rms
Soccer_aholicnew system -- posted image.
jettagli03 
Copper - Posts: 311
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
i have heard where the type-x's arent very suitable for cars and need rather large enclosures -- which alpine does not tell you -- i have seen multiple complaints here in this forum about how crappy the bass is when the reccomended enclosure is used and then the people who know about it just say it needs a huge enclosure
mini14 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
well i have a hk1998 on two 10" thunder8000's and it sounds great   idk maybe ur right   but i love their hard kore series
Alpine CDA-9847---Alpine MRP-T220---Eclipse 36201---6.5" Type S Components---6.5" Type S Coaxials---2 10" Thunder6000's Isobaric

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic