icon

Making a custom sub enclosure

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tegpilot 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2005 at 3:11 AM / IP Logged  
you can also poor gasoline or another type of solvent and it will eat the foam away. but don't let "green peace" catch you doin it, I hear they hang people for destroying the ozone!! haha
paranda 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
what are the basic materials that I need for a first time project?
-p.
Clif 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2005 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Basic things needed is some wood or chicken wire (depending on how you plan to make your inclosure or whatever.) going to need some streachy fleece, some paint brushes and of course some resign and some fiberglass mat. you also need a few other misc things depending on what your making, like a staple gun or air nailer, hot glue, and some tinfoil and some masking tape (if making molds) that should be pretty much it.
hmmm.... was that the right wire?
djswain22 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2005 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
since this topic is already open l'll ask my questions also rather than starting another one. I am also totaly new to FG'ing and making custom enclosures. I am somewhat good with hands on projects and want to start learning,  i was thinking of making an enclosure in my trunk  to put my two 15's in. i also wanted to put in my 2 amps and 2  6x9's in with a nice rounded smooth shape. I will sketch it out and upload it so u can get an idea.  This is definatly a big task for someone with no experience but im going to try it anywayz. can anyone give me a basic step by step on how to do this, just the basic steps on making a fiberglass molded enclosure, i will modify it to fit my application, -Dj
rats215 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
I need to know where to get fging materials especially the fiberglass or resin itself. Thanks
Audiophile supreme
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic