icon

Remote Starter Help!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smrdr 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I got everything hooked up and the door locks work, the car call works, lights flash, alarm sound and touching the brake locks the doors.  The problem is the remote starter does nothing, I checked all the conections and they are good and all the triggers are a go. I hit the start button and nothing no sound nothing. I'm installing a Stingpro DX-710 in a 1997 pontiac grand prix gt, I even tryed to check the factory alarm setting by pulling the #27 fuse and then I turned the key to accessory and I got the three dings and flashes but when I turned the parking lights on it did nothing so does that mean I do not have a factory alarm. Oh and there is no ORANGE / black wire coming from the ignition. Please help or let me know if you need more info.
diabloed 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

first off unless this is some new crazy feature that i am not aware of, pressing the brake should not lock the doors.

second do you have a little black chip in your factory ignition key?

FourthGenHatch 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Are there extra channels? I couldn't find out how to trigger mine. Turned out the instructions were wrong and you had to hook it to a different wire to make it work.
Oc768 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
Is there an initialization process you need to go through first? (ie: ign on - put car in "d" w/foot on brake...etc.etc.).  I have had a few times I forgot to do that and it got me. 
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
is there a disable switch, make sure you ground that,  check all connection, speacially the remote start wires and tach,  make sure your relays are working,     Viper 550esp when you remote start the car then put the key in to start  and when pressing the brakes, the doors lock, may be it's the same!
the rookie!~
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

Factory alarm on the Pontiac Grand Prix 1997 & up

The factory anti-theft systems on the new Grand Prix and Grand Prix GTP are user programmable to

have control over various features like horn honk and flashing lights as well as adjusting the alarm

modes and arming and disarming modes. When these vehicles come in to your shop, they may not

be programmed to disarm with the key in the door. This of course will cause a problem as you will

not be able to disarm the factory alarm when remote starting the vehicle. This of course can be

rectified through the user programming, the unit can be reprogrammed to accept a ground pulse from

the wire at the key switch in the door as well as allow arming of the alarm through the driver’s lock

switch before the door is closed.

Programming Alarm modes

1. Pull fuse no.27 ( MALL PGM ) 10amp from instrument panel fuse block. Turn ignition switch to

ACCESSORY position. Ensure that seat belt indicator flashes and chime sounds 2 to 4 times.

Turn parking lights on. As soon as parking lights are turned on, seat belt indicator will flash and

chime will sound the number of times equal to the current mode number.

2. The mode will advance, each time the parking lights are turned on and off. Passing mode 4 will

bring you back to mode 1. To save the new setting, turn ignition switch to OFF and replace fuse.

Alarm modes:

Mode 1: If vehicle is seriously damaged and/or door or liftgate is opened while system is armed, the

alarm will sound and parking lights will flash for up to 2 minutes.

Mode 2: If door or liftgate is opened while system is armed, the alarm will sound and the parking

lights will flash for up to 2 minutes.

Mode 3: System is always disarmed

Mode 4: If vehicle is damaged and/or someone enters the vehicle while system is armed, an alarm

will sound and the parking lights will flash for up to 2 minutes.

Programming ARM/DISARM modes is on next page.

Programming arming and disarming modes

1. Pull fuse No.27 ( MALL PGM ) 10amp from instrument panel fuse block. Turn the ignition switch

to ACCESSORY position. Ensure that the seat belt indicator flashes and the chime sounds 2 to 4

times. Using other key, turn and hold door lock cylinder to UNLOCK position.

2. Depress HORN button on remote keyless entry transmitter to set arming and disarming modes.

Each time the button is pressed the mode will advance by one. Seat belt indicator will flash and

chime will sound the number of times equal to the current mode setting. A transition past mode 3

will bring you back to mode 1. To exit programming and save the current mode, turn ignition

switch to OFF and replace the fuse.

Arming and disarming modes:

Mode 1: System will ARM and DISARM using door lock key or remote transmitter.

Mode 2: System will ARM and DISARM using remote transmitter only (will not disarm with key)

Mode 3: System will ARM when doors are locked from any door lock switch, while any door or liftgate

is open and key is removed from ignition switch or while locking doors with key or remote transmitter.

The system will disarm using the key or the remote transmitter.

Return to first page.

eugenenet 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2002 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
i had the same problem turns out my alarm had two switches valet/program switch and remote start switch ....make sure it's connected and ON. also sometime you have press remote strt button twice.Good Luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic