icon

My set-up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racerx0647 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2005 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so this is the setup i was thinking of going with but now ive found out that i cannot comfortably do the kick panel speakers in my car 94 Mustang GT because of room. So i would love to install Horns under the dash, but cant find any i can afford. Also i am very confused as to what head unit i want, i was leaning tword the Alpine till i keep reading about the cd's getting stuck. What i am looking for is basically an Mp3 player with maybe and internal amp as long as it has 3 pre-outs also. Any help would be greatly appreciated its been awhile since i did a car stereo i used to do installs in High school in the early 90's 

My set-up - Last Post -- posted image.

Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
I love the diagram to start, For the head unit I reccomend an Eclipse with their 5 or 8 volt pre out you get great sound and the options are unreal, for a good inexpensive model I say the CD5435 you can go up from there, good luck looks like it'll sound good.
Also I am from that age but horns sre not what they use to be. Maybe look into some 3 ways
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
racerx3165 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2005 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  

TY i am seriously thinking about changing this set-up to include an Eclipse HU and getting rid of the kick panels cause i dont think there is enough room in my kicks. Im hoping this is kinda like when i went to get Tomb Raider 1, it was outta stock and the guy said well we got this new game Resident Evil, you should get this! So i hope you and all the other guys on the other forums said get Eclipse, hope your right. I do however have 1 question one of the higher end Eclipse HU has GPS unit-ready, what exacly is this? Wife has Navigation in her Expedition i would love it in my stang what would i need to get it to work? Got all the fiberglass and resin today for my boots just gotta figure out exactly what size i want and all that stuff. Also i need to read up a bit on exactly what i want to do anyone got any good links for how to make boots?

RacerX

racerx3165 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  

Ok here is the Eclipse Set-Up I think i may just get this Head Unit and GPS Unit, If i do this i can shed some other components to make up for the money spent and then as more money allows i will get a Mono Punch amp for the subs and move the 4 channel to the components. What do you all think? Does everyone think this is a good head unit? Or would i be better suited with another.

Thank You

RacerX

My set-up - Last Post -- posted image.

Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
the numbers are not lit on that unit, the gps feature is cool, but I belive requirs additional gps ant purchase, Lookinto the numbers thing, I sold one of these and a few days later it came back, I thought it was damaged. I mean for that money it should have had back lit numbers right? , but in fact the numbers are not lit and are difficult to read at nite, (By numbers I mean the presets and such, not the screen) Anyways just a thought, I absolutly love the eclipse stuff but, just wanted to give you the "cons"
racerx3165 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2005 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

Hmm that is kinda odd, one question for yah the 1 Aux input i can use for a DVD player right but whats the ods that it is Optical or is the only real option RCA Aux Inputs? So you sell theese any chance you Compare to E-Bay prices and do you sell online?

Thanks again

Racer

Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2005 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
I do, but nobody can compette with the non warrenty pieces that are sold on fe-ebay, I am sorry I dont sell online, I reccomend you finding a local dealer, i could help you with that part if you like just tell me you zip nothing else. I just posted a minute ago, Watch out for internet sale mostly dont carry a warrenty, know your salesman!
racerx3165 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2005 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Im at Tyndall AFB Florida 32403
Firstnbass 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2005 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
okay, unfortunatly you only have 1 authorized dealer in your area that is Stereo Source (850) 271-0768 if you buy from them they will honor any warrenty issues, They may have one on display as well. I hope you can get a good deal, I sell them for CD8448-499.00 and the CD8455 595.00 good luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic