the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Best front tweeters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

Here:  http://shareit1.element5.com/product.html?cart=1&productid=151791

Use this to make all the CD's you want.  Comparably priced to the (limited) test CD's you can find pre-recorded, but with a lot more options.  For free, you'll have to keep the recorded tones at 3 seconds in length, which is actually do-able because a CD will hold 99 tracks...

Use sine waves (the pretty signal with the curves).  For an idea of how a clipped signal sounds select square waves for a listen.  In practice, you might hear a 'ticking' sound when the wave goes square as you set the system.  And it changes slightly in pitch.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Teslank 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  

thats cool any more programs for making tones?

i have propellerheads reason V3 on my comp it is a very complicated program but i think i could try to use it to make some good tones!

GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Teslank wrote:

im searching for a tweeter that reproduces voices just like if you were in front of the singing person and being capable of accepting 100RMS per channel( i have a lightning audio storm X1.800.4(100rms X 4)

i like listening at high levels but the sound of the tweeters must not seems to scream must sound smooth and accurate!.

The absolute best tweeter I know for what you're after is the DynAudio ESOTAR tweeter.
I'm looking at going to a pair of these from my present Dyn 1" tweeters in my system 360 front stage as we speak.
Some of the best tweeters I've ever witnessed in a car.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2005 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, the Esotars ARE a fine tweeter, I had a pair for a home set I built about 8 years ago... Bookshelf speakers, to top it off! Kicking myself for ever selling that set of speakers!
BUT, if you wanna get REALLY crazy, try THIS ONE! Yep, you read that right... diamond! And yes, that's 2600 EACH!!!
Easier to actually lay your hands on than the Esotars, too! I say this because the Esotars are effectively made of Unobtanium. Dynaudio no longer sells to hobbiests in the US... They are SPECIFICALLY an OEM now. Bad choice on Dynes part, AFAIAC.
OR, for ONLY $1800 each, you could always use the Raven 3.2. Also easier to get your hands on, and a pure ribbon, which will blow the doors off ANY dome tweeter - even the Esotars...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
I say this because the Esotars are effectively made of Unobtanium.

Those and speakers made from Magiconium are tough to find.  Best front tweeters - Page 2 -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic about the Esotars.. they are terrific tweeters, but I didn't know Dyn had gone strictly OEM for them.
Another option (realistically) would be to go to Madisound and order up some SEAS drivers. you could basically build your own Rainbow Reference CS630.30 actives without spending seven grand to get them.
You'd also get a very smooth front stage that gets plenty loud.
That's an option I'm considering for my next project in fact, depending on what car I end up playing with.. probably something smaller and better on gas than my current beast.
anyway, dyn and rainbow are great for smooth fluid response.. different from focal and infinity etc which are more aggressive and harsh with their tweeters.. and while many people love that response, thinking dynaudio and rainbow sounds flat or lacking.. I prefer a transparent, natural and laid back sound like they offer.
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic