icon

crimestopper problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shortdogchap 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
well im back...this is steve with the crimestopper 2016fm...and the 2005 chevy aveo......i installed the alarm/remote start this weekend...everything went smoothly...i found every wire i needed to in my car....with the exception of the tach wire..because i was going to use the tach finder feature....anyways.......my alarm will not program at all......it will not recognize the transmitters....and it will not go into the programming mode with the valet button....i checked all my wires, fuses everywhere (they are good)...power is flowing thru every wire that should be.....all that happens when you press anykey on the transmitter.....it displays a little flag/antenna icon......has anyone done any of these crimestoppers......any help would be appreciated...
steve
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Is it grounded properly. I have seen that problem alot.. On most Crimestoppers if the hood pin is not a real good ground the unit will not go into program mode... Just a thought.....
shortdogchap 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  
well i dont have a hood pin installed i opted to go with the trunk for the trigger....but it says to ground the blue wire before putting it in programming mode...so i unconnected it from the trunk and just grounded it....(should i have left connected to the trunk pin).....anyway yea its grounded good...i tested all the grounds and power wires...i mean the brain is getting power...so i dont know if the brain is bad or what....my led doesnt even come on at all
steve
ziggyb222 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Well you should get the led.... And there is 12volts right at the box.. I found on a crimestopper hardness that plugs into the box, that the spade connector in the plastic plug was screwed up.. if you check these..then I would assume it would be a defective unit.... Where did you get it??

shortdogchap 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
i got a sealed box brand new unit off of ebay.....should i go thru them or crimestopper......and can i just send the brian back.....i mean all the harnesses were hours and hours worth of work...it would suck redoing everything
steve
ziggyb222 
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
Go ahead and email Crimestopper and try to get a return authorization number from them. Make sure you get your serial number off from the brain box and include that with the email.. you might also want to email the seller on ebay and ask about it being defective.. Good luck
blazeronspokes 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
go back on ebay, give the seller negative feedback, and buy a dei unit. prolem solved.
customcarchris 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Crimestopper in one of my cars and when I first installed it it worked great. Then one day it quit working and would not go into program mode and only respond to the receivers every one out of five or so times. I unhooked the brain and checked the cables, also did some rewiring of various relays for other features, and reinstalled. Now it worked and everything was back to normal.
Now I know this doesn't help you at all, but I can say that this thing has been a little screwy more than once, and I think that maybe that is just part of the unit. If I was to install another one, it would probably not be a Crimestopper.
shortdogchap 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

well thanks for all the feed back..i have emailed crimestopper....they have not responded yet.....but the seller on ebay says they can probably swap me another brain......as for my next alarm...it will definetly be Dei.....viper more than likely

steve
shortdogchap 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2005 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i contacted crimestopper and they said the remotes should be preprogrammed and dont require programming...but the manual says they have to be programmed....has someone done a CS2016FM.......now just to clarify im not talking about programming the 20 different feature codes to the remotes.....im talking about programming so the brain will recognize the remotes.....any feedback on that thx.......if they really are preprogrammed my seller from ebay said they would swap the brain and the remotes for me
steve
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic