icon

crimestopper problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
neha3000 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  
Install hood pin switch. Most models it is required for getting into programming mode. Atleast ground the wire when you are programming, if you decide not to install the hood pin.
78musicman 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i wonder if he figured this out yet??curious
colorado tap the rockies
natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2005 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
I never would have.
I never install a remote start without tapping an existing hood pin switch (if it's a grounding, normally closed switch--curse you Ford and your normally open switch in the last 2003 explorer I did) or installing a separate one.
But with crimestopper models I doubt that this is the problem. You have to open the hood and turn the key forward to run to get into programming mode--for transmitters and for options. I haven't tried otherwise, but I can't imagine it would go into programming mode for a transmitter (4 pushes on programming button) but not for options (5 pushes on programming button).
blaib 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

We'll Still no luck! I am getting sick of this thing. Still same exact problem and the person I purchased this from on ebay traded out the main modual for me. Still same problem, will not go into remote program mode! But it will go into the function program mode (5 flashes)  Yes I have the hood pin grounded. I know all of the wires are correct, I am a tech at a large Chevrolet dealership I have done auto repair for several years so I'm sure I know what I am doing (i think haha) I have the modual for the antenna hooked into the side of the main modual.  I dont understand why it wont see the remotes??  Any Ideas?

I think it is time to try and get my money back and try a different brand.

Brian

natsys 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
It's likely not the brain.
It's not likely BOTH remotes are bad.
It is probably programmed not to recognize remote programming unless the antenna circuit is properly hooked up since both brains respond the same way.
If you could try another antenna module and antenna, the problem--by process of elimination--must lie there.
I've done CS2015's, 2016's, 2012's 2014's and 999TW1's. This setup really does work--it's not an inherantly defective design. You've got to have a bad antenna component or reversed antenna wire.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2006 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

OK, I had a weird one with crimestopper today,I have been installing these units for years and NEVER had a defective brain yet.  So, I'm doing an install on a 04 Avalon, and I'm up to learning the tach.  So, i push the button 5 times, then once.Everything looks ok (I know i have the right tach) when I press the remote to learn, I got nothing.  There was no response from the unit. So I exit the tach mode and checked to make sure the remotes work, you know try to lock and unlock the doors. Well that worked fine.  So, I remember reading this post, so I tried to learn the remotes over again, and nothing.  The brain wasn't listening to the remotes when in programming mode.  I thought to myself, man I have a bad brain like this guy does, let me switch out the brain. I happened to have another one in my car.  Well, low and behold, I had the same problem.  I know my wiring was correct I metered every wire.  Well, long story short- I tagged the wrong side of the brake wire.  Somehow in my rush to get the car done, I spliced the purple wire of the remote starter(brake) into the Constant 12 volt side of the brake, not the output side.  When I moved the purple wire to the proper brake wire the unit worked PERFECT. So, unplug your harness from the remote starter, take your meter and verify that your purple wire does not have a constant 12 volt going to it.

Hope this solves your problem, It sure stumped me for a little while.

Frank

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic