icon

Which direction to point subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

Purple crushed velvet - you goin' to the pimp's & ho's ball?

The bronze paint looks good, creative.  If it were me I'd mount the amps to the underside of the rear deck, upside down, or even mounted at 45 deg right-side up.  Tricky install tho.  good luck.

abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
abovestock: I visited your webpage. Your enclosure looks good. I also like the brake calipers, they look awesome. What kind of paint did you use, and how are they holding up? Is there a particular reason you used an airbrush?
I used standard brake caliper paint that I thinnned down with lacor thinner and loaded into my brush. I opted for the brush because of the glass smooth finish and I could also stretch the material further without getting too thin of a coat. I have no clue how they will hold up yet because I have not installed them. I still need to buy crass drilled slotted rotors to put up with my driving style.
Why do you ask if I ate paint chips when I was younger?
abovestock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Purple crushed velvet - you goin' to the pimp's & ho's ball?
The bronze paint looks good, creative. If it were me I'd mount the amps to the underside of the rear deck, upside down, or even mounted at 45 deg right-side up. Tricky install tho. good luck.
Thanks, actually it is no longer in the car. The headliner is getting glassed and having the turbo and fuel controlls mounted in it and then painted. As for the amps that sounds cool. I wanted to mount them upside down to the rear deck and flip them out with a linear actuator. Or something along thoes lines.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Abovestock: I'm just wondering, what made you decide to glass the headliner?
Question: Do you realize that having a non-absorbtion material as a headliner is going to cause some serious reverb?
abovestock 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2005 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
I wanted a solid glassy purple roof. As for the reverb. I used dynamat and that took care of the rattling and reverb..
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic