icon

Manual Trans Relay in 2k1 Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spart 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a Clifford solaris in a 2001 honda civic EX, manual transmission. I installed the alarm fine but there is one relay i am having troble with. The install manual says to connect pin 87a and 85 to my ignition output from the brain with a 5amp fuse in between. pin 30 attaches to a 3amp diode with the band facing the brake light+ and then finally pin 86 connects to my ebrake.

The directions say and i quote:

"4.Turn on ignition.

5. Find the one wire near the emergency brake that carries +12V when the emergency brake is engaged and 0V when disengaged.

6.Connect the emergency brake wire to a relay as shown on pages 3-4"(diagram of previously described connections)

When i test the only wire coming from my ebrake, it show the exact opposite. 12v when lever is down and 0V when up. It makes more sense to have it this way. When my ebrake is up, the coil is energized and pin 87(nothing) and 30 are connected so nothing goes out, but when the ebrake is down 87a  gives pin 30 12v from the ignition output. From my understanding this relay was meant to shut off the remote started car if the brake wire is touched or if the ebrake is put down. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton,

Spart

netZ 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2002 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

i believe the diagram is partially correct.  when the hand brake is up it shows ground.  the relay is a normally closed relay, when the handbrake is down current flows from the GREEN/ blue wire to the blue/white brake light.  i believe the diode and wire from from pin 30 is incorrect.  if you were to follow this diagram to the T, your brake light will stay lit whenever the handbrake is down since the GREEN/ blue wire is energized when the vehicle is running.

i'd suggest installing a 3 amp diode with the silver band facing the solaris harness and install the wire off pin 30 between the diode and the solaris harness.  this should prevent current from turning your brake lights on, and still be able to shut down the remote start procedure if the brake pedal was pushed.

netZ

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic