icon

Nissan Bose Stereo replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbornotdb 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

It is for an 05 Armada. The Bose system is very flat and muffled sounding. From looking at it, I am sure I could gut it while still keeping the navigation buttons and AC controls intact and fitting a new HU in the center. I could turn the tuning buttons for the radio into something useful later on.

My main question....... is this radio tied into the computer in any way? If so, that sucks.

I have found that if I want a new HU but keep the factoy amp and speakers, a PAC OEM-1 should work.

I also found an AudiLink PD-4. Not familiar with it, but I am researching it.

I think keeping the factory amp and speakers will hinder good sound also, so in the long run, I want those replaced also. Sooner the better.

What about the option of keeping the stock HU (shrudders) and replacing the amp and speakers and upgrading the sub?

sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  

I got nothing for this one Nissan Bose Stereo replacement -- posted image..  Anyone else?

dbornotdb 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the AudioLink PD-4 ...... http://www.linkmeup.com/pd4.htm ....... still learning it.

So since the speakers are like a 1.5ohm load, I am thinking replacing the speakers and amp, and just doing what I have to to get an aftermarket HU in there.

So, I just need to replace that crap up front.  So as soon as I can, I will take it apart and make sure the HVAC controls use seperate circuit boards and I can actually take the radio out and mold something there.

Anyone have any ideas???

Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I'm thinking... Why replace the factory HU? Do you want some sort of extra feature? If so, what, and can it be added to the existing HU?
In the first line of your post you said, "The Bose system is very flat". Do you realize that people spend $thousands of dollars to just get CLOSE to having a somewhat flat response! I'm not saying the Bose is great, but they do put quite a bit of engineering into their mobile audio systems.
I would recommend that you keep the HU, add a four(or however many speakers you have) channel amp, and replace the speakers. Also, if you want a sub then you can do that too.
I'd tap into the signal from the HU up front with a LOC and send that to the amp(s).
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
yes please save your self the trouble and keep the hu and just pick up the signal before the factory amps or after and use a hi/lo convertor so you can run you after market amps wired to factory or after market speakers
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
dbornotdb 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2005 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

Flat probally wasn't the correct term to use.  It sounds like a pillow is in front of the speakers. And tweaking the controls doesn't really help it at all. Turning it up to try to overcome the muffled sound only seems to make you aggravated cause it doesn't work.  }-]

And I think that the first thing we will try is to replace the amp and speakers and add another amp and subs. See if the factory HU will suffice.

eclipse_man 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
I too have an 05 armada LE. I believe there is a company out there that makes a bezel replacement so that you replace the HU. The downside to replacing the stock HU is that the hvac displays are all built in, so, you will not know what the temperature settings are, what mode you are in, so on. I don't believe removing this from the vehicle would trigger any error lights or anything, just be a pain in the butt! If you are not already a member, clubarmada.com is a great resource for all things Armada/Titan related. The other upside to adding after market amps would be the HU has RCA outs for 5.1 surround sound, the downside is as you mentioned, the stock speakers are 1.5ohm so they all would need replaced. Don't forget the navigation as well if you have it will not work without the Bose HU.
hope that helped....
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 28, 2005 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

Don't turn the key on while you dash bezel pieces are on, or the air bag light will come on.  If it does get tripped, do a search on google and you'll find a solution.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic