icon

Beat the Tow Truck?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jasonb61 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
Wow that sucks about your car... ha, pretty funny about how people try to stop tow trucks... I had a friend who took the driveshaft off his car he was selling so people could crank it up and listen to it but not drive off with it.. I found that pretty funny too! It was a rare cougar though and there had been some thefts around the neighborhood recently
mickey1031 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  

i wasent trying to beat a two truck i was just tryign to keep the car in place. LOL

I was going to come home at the end of that week and start to pull the motor and tranny out of it agian . But i knew that they liked the older monte carlos and they were taking them left and right.

I can honsetly say it was not a kid that didnt know what he was doing that took it.

They knew exactly what they were doing and had a idea of how to pul it out of gear from under neith the car.

but etheir way it is gone now :-( this s why i ended up with the 03 SS monte caro wife felt guilty she had just filled the tank on it LOL

but taking the drive shaft out will keep them from driving it off easily. but it wont stop a tow driver that just meas they get to take a choice on witch end to steal it from . No drive shaft means they can hook it up from both ends and it wont hurt anything in the car.

just a man trying to make a nice toy car out of a monte carlo SS
Jasonb61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 2:11 AM / IP Logged  
Wow that really sucks you never got that car back... I hate that for ya.. lol, and i understood that you wernt trying to beat the tow truck.. I was just laughing at the other guys you were telling me about... lol
-Jason
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  

lol it was almost funny to think f them trying to figure out how to get it out of gear now LOL

But no i nevr even found as much as a head light from it.

I hav eplans when we get back to the states to find nother 78 monte carlo and make it in to a retro rod form the mid to late 80's when i was young and dumb racing and having fun.

but yeah we have seen some pretty funny things for folks to try beating the tow truck. the favoriot one i saw was they had burried it in t a parking lot with other cars that didnt run and they took all of the tire off of those cars to get us to leave it alone.

we just took three trucks over there and hooked ont to them with flat rollers and draged them out of the way and then towed it out of there. took from start to finish about 20 min.

also we have had them in alley ways so tight it was a wonder they could get out of them and those are funy to see the look on thier face when you snach it out of there

Jasonb61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
Haha, thats too funny... I've heard of people using animals... One guy got in some trouble for having a LION.. yes, a LION gaurding his junkyard and stuff... Not really about repo but that was funny too
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 2:34 AM / IP Logged  

when that happens you call animal controll and the police they come out and ticket the pwner and then tae the animal with them. you dont have to touch them.

If they attack you as a driver and you have a ligetiment reason for being there then you also have the right to protect your self to includekilling the animal in some states.

I have never had that issue. The worse one i had was a dog one time had gotten hung up on the car and i had to get them out there to get the animal out from under the rear axel befor ei pulled it out and ran him over.

suspendedHatch 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
What's your opinion on the Alpha Lock that they sell on ebay? It's a cross between a parking enforcement boot and a club. What if there was one on each end?
http:///.com/ebaymotors/ALPHA-WHEEL-LOCK-2000-THIEVES-HATE-THESE-LOCKS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42614QQitemZ8002810241QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
I suppose you could do anything with a tow truck but maybe you can tell me whether it would discourage someone enough that they'd go find another target. I'm talking about a thief with a tow truck and not a repo man.
Is there anything you could do to a daily driver that would make it impossible to tow?
Thanks!
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  

the best thing i have seen for GM cars to stop the avrage  thief (not with lots of experince or equipment)

they have a color that gose around the steering colum and it locks to cover up the ing. on the GM. cars.

GM. cars for years were so easy to steal  buy breaking the colom it didnt take any thin more then a small hammer and a screw driver and in some cases less then that.

this is why GM. cars were so high for numbers of cars stolen.

I took the shiffter off my colum and never put on the floor so it would confuse folks and it did its job for the most part . folks dont know how to shift the car the slow way down real fast.

but honestly if  you have the time sit in the car with a shot gun and yo will have the best alarm there is other wise any thing your doing is keeping the honest man from stealling the car. if a thief wants that car thet will find a way to get it from you weather your in it or not, that is the sad truth. they will just car jack you if they cant steal it while it is parked.

as far as the thing on Ebay. I have never seen one or heard alot about them as far as in the real world. so i cant tell you much about it. the idea is a good one but how good only time can tell on that.

the other thing if they even offer it in your area is to get LOJACK at least then if they steal it you might have a chance to recover it. some of the newer alarms have tracking on them those would be a second choice .

I personaly dont like the laws that go for stolen cars. they are last on the list to be looked at  due to the fact that most of the time other things more serious take a presidence. (this is understandabel) i wish they would ahve a stolen car div. to take care of trying to bust up some of the theft rings.

the only other thing i can think of would be put it in a garadge and have a alarm on it and the car and hope they dont by pass it and the dog and the one in the car.

oh yeah make the gradge out of 3/4 plate steel and the floor out of 12" concreat. LOL

that would be the best way i can think of

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic