icon

best sub for overall performance

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2005 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for all the input guys im actuly looking into the Eclipse SW9122 it looks crazzybest sub for overall performance - Page 2 -- posted image. there expensive though gota save my pennes. or make alot of money
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
spitfireguy1185 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2005 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

Phoenix Gold Xenon's are VERY good for the price cause you can get one 12" for about $110 shipped from Sound domain and i have personally used -2- 12" subs in a custom ported box tuned to 30hz (cuz i love the lows) and they knock hard and sound surprisinlgy clean and they got these cool LEDs in the cone too...they are rated at 500w RMS which is underrated and they have huge 175oz. magnets so they can hit those low tones with some force. L5's are also good for the price but they need a huge box to sound good and they are definitely loud but they dont hit low and they only have like 80oz magnets too. 

so check out the Phoenix Gold XENON

Bass-oholik
bajaclawz71 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
I really like my JL 12w6v2.  They sound good, hit hard and, are accurate.  I have a Zapco Reference 1000 powering them too so that helps.
nightmare99305 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know about everyone else but I researched subs til my ears were sore and found that the Alpine Type R subs sound the best to me.  They hit hard, have great clean bass, and rebound fast so they can take multiple bass hits without losing a beat.  but the best thing is that they are not high priced. they are suprisingly low priced for the quality and sound they produce.  I know everyone has a different opinion on subs but if you are looking for a clean, loud, good quality sub at a save your wallet expense, definately check these out.
Nightmare
alpine_king 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
ive had a few subs in my day, and the mtx's are good bang for the buck. i had a thunder 6000 12 and it held its own. but if you wan good sound quality and good clean bass go with a type r from alpine, these things are tough and can handle alot of power.
1993 Ford Ranger.
Head Unit.Alpine CDA-9831
Front Speakers.Infinity 6010 Reference Series
Amp.Alpine MRD-M1005
Subs.3 Kicker CVR10
Rear Speakers.SPL CS-573
20" Boss 312's, lowered 3/4
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
youngone wrote:
thanks for all the input guys im actuly looking into the Eclipse SW9122 it looks crazzybest sub for overall performance - Page 2 -- posted image. there expensive though gota save my pennes. or make alot of money
Speaking from experience... YES, that is an INSANE woofer. Excellent output, more power handling than you can shake a stick at, super small enclosure, and fast to boot! Personally, I would place it closer to the SQ side, but it will play loud, as well. Problems? Yes, one problem. POWER HUNGRY BASTARDS! I couldn't get it to do (hardly) ANYTHING with the Eclipse 1100 watt analog amp connected to it, so I promoted that amp to the 6 inch midbass in the doors, and bought the DA7232 for it. Eclipse techs say that amp will do around 1350wpc all day into 4 ohms, which is how it is connected in my system, and that combo'll knock the fillings out of your head. I get people asking me "That's one 12?!?!" If you do use that woofer, plan on needing to power it with about 1500 watts to start!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
alpine_king 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
thats true, i have a buddy with one of those subs and 2 amps running it and it hits so hard it makes his deck skip. great sub if you have the power and the money.
1993 Ford Ranger.
Head Unit.Alpine CDA-9831
Front Speakers.Infinity 6010 Reference Series
Amp.Alpine MRD-M1005
Subs.3 Kicker CVR10
Rear Speakers.SPL CS-573
20" Boss 312's, lowered 3/4
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
resently though i have bine looking at ma audio and i have found a sub that is alittal cheaper but i dont no there arnt many reviews on it but it looks really noce its a ma audio 12'' hk12x2 it has 1500 rms. the reasen i have become interested in this sub is because i dont want to spend that much money but if it is worth it ill do it. it needs alot biger box but i gess that tells that it is going to hit really low. it also needs a huge port im thinking about doing a slot to eliminate the need to put like 4 ports on the box. i know that everybody is intiteled to there opinion and i would like to hear them if enybody thinks i sould go with the eclipse or the ma or something else could you give me your opinion on it. i now the eclipes is really!!! nice but this ma seams rilly nice to and cheaper. has anybody had one or had an experience with it. i would really like to get your input on this item and anything else to say about the eclipes would be helpful. thank you people im really trying to buy the right thing.   
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
jsesterly 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

How about some of the others.. ie: Kenwood, Power Acoustik.. sony.. JVC.  The Base where Im stationed is having a tent sale, and they have some of the "cheaper" names on sale big time. I'm looking at 2 10's with an amp for my suburban. They have a few buy the $250(depending on name brand) amp and get 2 free subs.

steezs 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
Earthquake dbxr
the duce
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic