icon

better then dynamat?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asdf1234 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2002 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
I was looking up dynamat on ebay and I stumbled accrost thing other type and vibration reducer called brown bread.  So I search for in on the internet and all I found was this site called http://www.b-quiet.com/  and according to this web site is brown bread is suppost to be better then the dynamat extrem   Has andyoen ever heard of it before? and if you have do you know if it is anygood or not?
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2002 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
I use Brown Bread on all my installs and can say that it defiantly is a high quality product. Plus it’s at a fraction of the cost of dynamat.
giff 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2002 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

I noticed that on the BrownBread site they mention one of the ingredients in the product is "modified bitumen"- bitumen is a roofing product (I work in construction) I have suspected for a long time that "Dynamat" is nothing more than than a glorified roofing paper.. We use a product that comes in rolls called "bituthane" I *suspect* it *may* be used as a sound deadener and its WAAAAYY cheaper than dynamat.. It has an adhesive back which is exposed before installation, but it does tend to get a bit gooey if exposed to direct sunlight.. I think an experiment is in order here... I'll go ahead and be the first guinea pig lol

asdf1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2002 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
What is brown bread web site?
asdf1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2002 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
also do you nkow where I can order brown bread from?
NyxBass 
Silver - Posts: 226
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2002 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
i've succesfully used bituthane (bitchathane), you can get it a building supply sores (Home depot) as Grace Ice and Water shield, in 225 sq ft. rolls, for $100 a roll. Way cheap, and works impressively well for the price.
/NyxBass
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2002 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
The only site I know of is www.b-quiet.com As far as the Ice and Water shield goes I have tried it as well as the stuff that is used to quiet air conditioning ducts. I can tell you it’s not worth your time it sticks for a day or two and then starts to peal off. Takes a lot of time to take it off and do over plus it’s a very messy job. So my advice to you would be just do it right the first time and get the Brown Bread.
ShaunD912 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2002 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  
What about spray on undercoating?  Has anybody ever tried this?
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2002 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
The spray on under coating works well but can very get messy. I like to Brown Bread and then apply the bead liner/ undercoating spray in all the hard to reach places that I can’t reach with Brown Bread.
asdf1234 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2002 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

what kind of spray do you recommend

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic