icon

Fosgate 1001bd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

Sice the subject of Fosgate has come up is that amp worth keeping or should I dump it off I also have 2 He2 12's that I was going to use in my own install to match up with my Boston Acoustic that I have for my mids.

Ok here is what I plan on running Eclipse deck, Eclipse 4ch amp 50x4 PA5532 for my mids Boston Acoustic. I was also looking at the Eclipse 21010 eq then running the above sub amp combo but with only 1 of the subs in a ported box that I was going to fiberglass in to the spare tire well. I am after clean sound from my high end an good bass to round out my sound.

And the ride is a Honda CRV

So with the Fosgate line goning down is that sub amp combo better off being replaced?

dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
BTW I was going to run the sub ported at 35hz in the air space the manual call's for.
chode69 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
how is the fosgate line going down?
-2x T112D2 ported box
-T1001bd amp
-T162C (front)
-T152C (rear)
-Pioneer Premier Deh-P360 Mosfet 50Wx4 head unit
-Pioneer CDX-P650 c.d changer
dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
After reading the post on fosgate opinions they did not fare so well by alot of people my self I have not had much problem with them but I am not after loud as much as quality. I want it to sound as close to my house set up in a bad

inviroment but I can still get some what close and that is what I am after granted I have not spent near the money that I did on my home set up but I no longer 18 and just want to blow my ears out I am after the best sound I can get and I have no problem with dumping gear that I have collected over the years.

chode69 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Question have you heard any systems powered by Rockford amps or complete rockford systems at all...they kick ass. You cant knock on something unless youve had experience with it.  The reason people say that Rockford sucks is because they heard or have the "top of the line" equipment that cost THOUSANDS of dollars and comparing to a less costly system and anything that ins`t up to par with their system is shhh....i hate it.  I can say how much i support Rockford due to many reasons ive owned other systems, installed, heard, dealt with and experienced many systems and what i got now which is Rockford and its because it was the best of what ive heard (with out going a few more thousand of my price range). And for around $3000  my system kills almost any system in my local area.  Rockford amps are great. Dont ge me wrong I support many other brands im just  a Rockford guy as you can tell.
-2x T112D2 ported box
-T1001bd amp
-T162C (front)
-T152C (rear)
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
ok rockford stuff has gone a tad out of shape but i must admit their setups do kick ass, i still havent heard a sub for £120 that kicks like the p2 does, very bold and punchy bass. the he2's do suk tho, no offence, if u can get sum hx2's or any p2's or p3's, but keep the amp. although dd 1000 are kick ass subs.
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
chode69 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  

I have some HE2s that I used to bump in my truck I took them out because I went up to T1s...but anyway HE2s do not suck. I had them hooked up to a T10001bd and they sounded great. They took some abuse too.  With that amp get some Power T1s forget the punch models. The T1s have a cleaner sound than the HX2s as well. The Power HX2s might put out a little more SPL though.

-2x T112D2 ported box
-T1001bd amp
-T162C (front)
-T152C (rear)
melontop 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
i have a t5002 i use to use on a set of p3's. i'm moving it to my mid and highs. on the box it said 500 watts rms, but the birthsheet says 990 watts rmsFosgate 1001bd -- posted image..almost underrated by halfFosgate 1001bd -- posted image. . the t3002 are underrated even crazier thn that. both a good buy for the money. anyway i never had a problem with it. it pushes the p3's nicely. i,d keep that 10001bd and get a pair of t1's. i can't wait to get my t2's. i,m running them off of a t15002 birthsheet says2246 watts rmsFosgate 1001bd -- posted image.
in process of putting rockford t2 12's in my 97 chrysler cirrus
dragon51 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
Cool thanks for the advise, I knew that there stuff was really good at one point like when I was still in High school over 10 years ago now. I will see about getting the T1 to replace my He2 Fosgate 1001bd -- posted image.
Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
the He's dont suk, they cant hold a low note to safe their lifes. and a punch hx2 will offer alot more spl not just a bit more. but the t1 is a great choice of woofer, if you wanna full blow it why not just get a t2 great sound and mega output
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic