icon

01 dodge ram-viper alarm/start 550 ESP

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrrose1976 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

I was on here awhile back and someone showed my a diagram that let me know which wires and location on truck I needed to deal with.  I lost that paper in my move overseas (military) and need it again.  Could someone send me in right direction?  I looked in diagrams but found only stereo.  Please help I have to install this weekend and need to know which wire is which.

thnx to all in advance

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

Well just in case you loose it again...remember you can find ANY wire you need with a DMM. But here it is.

12volts red and pink/black   +  ignition harness
Starter yellow   +  ignition harness
Second Starter     
Ignition dk. blue   +  ignition harness
Second Ignition     
Third Ignition     
Accessory BLACK/ orange  +  ignition harness
Second Accessory BLACK/ white  +  ignition harness
Keysense     
Power Lock ORANGE / purple  5wi driver door harness
Notes: Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is ORANGE / green, unlock is pink/green.
Power Unlock pink/purple  5wi driver door harness
Notes: Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is ORANGE / green, unlock is pink/green.
Lock Motor ORANGE / black    driver door harness
Unlock Motor pink/black    driver door harness
Parking Lights+ BLACK / YELLOW    headlight switch
Parking Lights-     
Hazards     
Turn Signal(L)     
Turn Signal(R)     
Reverse Light     
Door Trigger yellow   -  headlight switch or DKP
Notes: To avoid dome delay, use tan for the drivers door and BLACK/ lt. blue for the passenger door. Both wires are located at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column. Use both wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision use door trigger    
Trunk/Hatch Pin     
Hood Pin     
Trunk/Hatch Release     
Power Sliding Door     
Factory Alarm Arm lt. GREEN/ orange  -  driver door harness
Notes: Arm is negative trigger thru a 644 ohm resistor. Disarm is negative trigger through a 1.5K (1500) ohm resistor. MUST use relays.
Factory Alarm Disarm same wire    
Disarm No Unlock     
Tachometer BLACK/ gray    ignition coil
Notes: Diesel tach wire is gray/black. The wire is located on the center of the firewall. There are two black plugs, the wire is in the top plug without the white insert. The tach wire can also be found at the ECM on the passenger side firewall in connector C-1, pin 8.
Wait to start ORANGE / black  -  center of firewall, black plug
Notes: See DirectFax document 1090.
There are two black plugs, the wire is in the top plug without the white insert.
If using the ORANGE / black for wait to start causes a shifting or cruise control problem then use a pulse timer relay instead. Refer to DirectFax 1091 for wiring information.
Brake Wire WHITE/ tan   +  brake pedal switch
Parking Brake     
Horn Trigger BLACK/ red   -  steering column
Memory Seat 1     
Memory Seat 2     
Memory Seat 3     
01 dodge ram-viper alarm/start 550 ESP - Last Post -- posted image.
Interface Module:Category:
Immobilizer Bypass
Required:
No
Type:
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
jrrose1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

first yer the (wo?)MAN. 2nd whats dmm?

jrrose1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
whats with the  5 wi?  i know what + is but don't get that 5 wi thing.  anyone?
gh057 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2005 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

dmm = Digital Multi-Meter.

A 5 wire doorlock can be found on the doorlock section of 12 volt.com but here is a link https://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#5w

Hopefully that helps

jrrose1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2005 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

anything else I should pay close attention to with regard to either the truck (01 dodge ram) or the unit (viper 550 ESP)?

jrrose1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

ok this is I guess to the ones out there that know whats what.  I have a ton of questions and would really love some help?  all refers to same items in title .

I was referred earlier to this http://www.directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=3038&product=Remote%20Start# for wire reference for install on my truck.  Which is good but I have a couple questions.

1.  The viper book talks about many type of lock set ups.

first is what appears to be  a standard two wire set up.

then it gets into these types

type A (+) 12v pulses from the switch to the factory relays.

type B (-) pulses from the switch to the factory relays

type C reversing polarity

type D after-market actuators

type E mercedes-bens and audi (1985& newer)

type F one wire system

type G positive (+) multiplex

type H (-) negative multiplex

WHICH ONE AM I, and HOW DO I KNOW FOR SURE?

2.  I have keyless entry and it has a panic button on it.  But I don't think I have an alarm.  I can't do anything I want to the truck with it locked or not (i.e. open doors, start it, bump it, shake it etc.)  Should I install this viper as if I have a factory alarm installed because of the factory keyless entry?  Is there anything I should take into consideration while doing this?

3.  Regarding that link above and wires in my truck.  The notes it has for power lock and power unlock, the 5-wire for unlock  how do I know which wire to use on a relay (if thats what its talking about) color etc?

4. Same link in the post.  Those same notes say keyless model?  Can I just ignore that part and connect to the luck motor and unlock motor and those splices will do the trick?  Am I missing something?

5.  Same link in the post.  Door trigger notes.  I am not sure what it is talking about but in it, it says to use both wires and diode isolate each.  Does this apply to me?  I ask because my viper didn't come with any diode's?  I have a bunch of relays if that helps?!?!?!

6.  I also read in my viper book about resistors but didn't get any of those either do I need them?  My friend put one in (different vechicle) and needed none of this stuff.

7.  Book also talks about a wire going to DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION RELAY (optional).  What is this?  Do I install the relay?  To what wires?  I don't get that one.

8.  Factory disarm wire?  does this apply?  cap it?

9.  Optional third ignition output wire, why would I need that?

10.  I have a 5 pin ribbon harness.  It has four relays attached to it..  The book talks about the ribbon but not the wires coming out of the relays.  This appears to be for the remote start and has the following wires:  2 fused (30) red wires, 1 purple wire, 1 pink and one pink/white.  Anyidea how to set this up correctly?

11.  The starter kill relay has one orange going in and one black, green, and yellow coming out.  How do I set that up?  book yet again doesn't say.

I WILL BE ON AS LONG AS I CAN TO TRY AND ANSWER ANY ?'S YOU MAY HAVE.

I don't want to damage anything in my truck or the unit and am in England so don't have a way to get any help.

thnx in advance for any and all questions you are able to answer for me.  You all rock.

jrrose1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
2. should say I CAN do anything I want.....
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
You could always take it to a Viper dealer and get it installed.......
1) Your truck has factory keyless. Should be multiplexed door locks on that thing (is it manufactured in 2001? there is a sticker on the door jamb) Using a couple relays, put a positive pulse on the lock wire with one relay. Using th e other relay, you need to do a 5wire on the unlock. Pin 86 and 87 get 12V, 85 gets the unlock from the brain. Pin 30 goes to the motor side of the unlock wire (you need to cut it) and 87a goes to the switch side. What is the switch side you may ask, and how do you find it?? Easiest down and dirty way is to pulse 12V to one side of the cut wire through a 10A fuse. Door unlocks, fuse doesen't blow, you were right the first time.
5) Yes, you need diodes. No, the alarm doesen't come with them. Yes, you can get them at a Radio Shack type place that sells electronics parts. 1N1004 diodes. Be like 2 cents each
6) no, you may not need resistors. Does your truck have a factory alarm? No, the Viper does not come with them. The values are different for any vehicle that may need them. Install shops stock a variety of them in different values. We use them as we need them for whatever purpose we may need to use them for. If you need them, get them when you are getting diodes to isolate your door triggers.
7) Do you want to do domelight supervision? Then you need this wire. If not... then you don't.
8) See #6. Do you have a factory alarm? If not... see #7.
9) Your truck does not have a 3rd ignition... so you won't need it..... that's is why it says optional....
10) Red- 12V
     Pink- Ignition
     Pink/white- 2nd Ignition
     Purple- Starter
     Orange- Accessory
    Attatch to corresponding wires at key....
11) One heavy guage to the key side of the starter wire
     The other heavy guage to the other side(starter) side of the starter wire. You need to cut it. You will also attatch the purple wire from the relay pack to the starter side of this cut.
     Orange- Ground when armed
     Yellow- Ignition
You do know, most shops only charge like $200 to put this thing in, won't screw up your truck, and you get a warranty on the install, right???
Gus
PS: And they give you a gun, eh???
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic