icon

thoughts on Profile AP1000M amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pznat 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
i realize this isnt the best amp out there, but i am on a limited budget and need some decent power. just wondering if this thing would be a good bet. and if i realy would get 310W rms out of this.
ProfileAP1000M 1000W MONO Subwoofer Amplifier
# Max power output @ 4 Ohm 1 x 650W RMS power output @ 4 Ohm 1 x 310W
# Max power output @ 2 Ohm 1 x 1000w
# RMS power output @ 2 Ohm 1 x 500W
# MOSFET power supply
# Frequency response 20HZ- 250HZ
# signal to noise >103DB
# stereo separation 83DB
# RCA input Voltage 200mV-8v
# RCA input Impedance 20K ohms
# Load impedance 2-8 ohms
# crossover frequency 50 HZ-250HZ
# Bass level remote control
# Damping Factor 300
# Amp Dimensions ( H x W x L ) 2" x 10-1/4" x 13-5/8"
Profile AP1000M
_P Griff
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
One: You are right - not the best amp.
Two: How much do you want to spend?
Three: ANY manufacturer that publishes a stereo separation number for a mono amp CAN NOT BE TRUSTED - PERIOD. Stereo separation for a mono amp is technically INFINITE!
Four: Run (DO NOT walk) away from this turd. Let us know how much you want to spend, and we can help you out with WAY better choices for probably close to the same money.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
pznat 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for that, i had a feeling it was pretty shady. i was looking to spend around $150 to get about 300W rms to 400w rms at 4ohms.
thanks a bunch,
P
_P Griff
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Here's an option. I have this amp, and it's NOT bridgeable, but AWESOME power and for this money, ya can't go wrong.
Or this one... If you don't buy this one, I WILL thoughts on Profile AP1000M amp? -- posted image.
Otherwise, here is a eBay search with LOTS of JL amps for that price range, and JL is good stuff! No complaints from most people on this forum.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Three: ANY manufacturer that publishes a stereo separation number for a mono amp CAN NOT BE TRUSTED - PERIOD.

Ha ha, good eye spotting that one.  Typically inept marketing of a junk brand.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

So what the people on SD who use Profile quite often are buying junk.. sorry cant believe that in 2,000 plus postive post on profile amps, I used them before there not bad..

There not the best but they are far from the worst.. its all about money guys remember that were all looking for the most powerfull system for only 1 dollar..
Just remeber if you dont try it which many on this board dont do or have the ablity to do, you'll never know if your going to like it

Hell I loved my Abahns BP box, I now love my XXX, next week I may love sony, who knows until you at least take the chance and try it

Take it easy all

--Skold

Defining Evil since 5 Billion BC

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2005 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
I've run Profile in the past and it was actually an ok amp. Pushed 2 12's with no problem. Would I buy Profile again? If I was on a budget, hell yeah.  But I would rather go with that Xtant. :)
pznat 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  
I am realy intersted in the Xtant but i read that it is not that good for powering two subs. i need it to power two 12" punch 2's.
_P Griff
mikew04 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
What is stereo separation?
6th gen Celica | Alpine CDA-9827 | Pioneer GMX962 | CDT CL components | JBL 600.1 | Infinity Reference 12
haemphyst 
Posted: October 14, 2005 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
pznat wrote:
I am realy intersted in the Xtant but i read that it is not that good for powering two subs. i need it to power two 12" punch 2's.
I think that Xtant would have NO problem beatin' the begeezus (sp? LOL) out of those two woofers. If you think that one might be too small, buy that Eclipse amp that I linked to first. I *know* that one would... As I said, I have first-hand experience with that one, and it's a powerhouse!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic