the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

95 Honda Civic, starter, relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdmegcoupe 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

Hello! I used this diagram to hook up my radio antenna lead to make sure the car will not start without the radio face installed. I worked great for about a month. I also have a Viper 600esp installed also. Then the car when I would try to start it would "click" like the starter was goin bad. So I took it to Honda and had them check it, and 65 dollars and 15 minutes later, I got a report that I needed a new starter. So I bought one from Autozone and installed it. It worked great for about 3 weeks. Then it started to do the same thing again. So I pulled the starter today and had it tested, it tested out good. So now I am wondering if its the relay set up. Can some one please help me get the car to work properly. Oh its a 95 Honda Civic EX Coupe if it matters.  Thanks Edwin

95 Honda Civic, starter, relay - Last Post -- posted image.

jdmegcoupe 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
ok so today i went to take my girl to work and the Coupe would not start I had jump the starter to get it to start does anyone know what it could be? I am getting ready to take out the whole security system if this keeps up
deviousjoker 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
do you have your radio wired as accessory or ignition.  If it's wired as acc. the amp/ant. lead output is dead during crank.  take the red wire for your radio and wire it as ignition instead of accessory.
First Class MECP Installer
jdmegcoupe 
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
no the radio is not wired up to acc it does work properly sometimes and the radio holds its presets and time. I have bought a HONDA ETM electrical troubleshooting manual and have pinpointed it to a possible faulty starter cut relay
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Maybe I am missing something, but I fail to see the point of the relay connected to the ignition in this diagram. It seems like you could accomplish the cutting and reconnecting of the starter wire by taking the remote turn on lead to pin 85 of the starter kill relay, which it is any way. I dont think thats your problem tho. What size diode are you using on the turn on wire? I wonder if it cracked and is making intermittent contact between the anode and cathode sides, not allowing the relay to trigger consistently. Try clipping the connection between 87 and 85 on the ignition relay and replacing the diode you have with a 3 or 6 amp diode. Hope this helps
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic