icon

tach wire voltage?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dougie109 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

is there a way to make your alarm know the tach voltage? mine is coming back around 12-15 voltz is this what is it expecting or am i sapposed to program the unit? ive placed the tach wire to the casing of the spark plug wires and it worked PREFECt for the first 2 times. then afterwards it stopped working. the spark plug wires changes voltages so i dont beleive its proper to place it there?

i drive a 2000 focus wagon se

i gota a carvox king eagle alarm system.

any help would be great.. thanks again

Douglas

dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
ok i tested 1.0 voltages ac.. still the starter keeps starting afterwards.. is 1volt to low? the book said it needs to be between 1-6. is there a way to fake for like 3 voltz to test it?
dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
so your saying the problem cant lie on the tach speed? what else could be causing the starter to reengage even after the engine is idling?
dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
im testing right from the wire from the distribuator cab... from where all the spark plug wires come from. the injector signal is 1.0ac as well.. exactly the same...
dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

no its a little while attached to the distribuator cap.. it is the proper one.. i feel that its not putting out enough to hit the 1 volt ac.. is there a way for me to FAKE like 3 volts to test it? cause the charge from the battery is 12 voltz dc.. any help to resolve this problem would be great... regards

Douglas

dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  

perfect.  ill see if i can find it tommorrow.. so its sapposed to change .. or is it sapposaed to stay at 1 volt when its at idle correct.. and as the rpms goes up so does the voltage...

douglas

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

dougie109 wrote:
 ive placed the tach wire to the casing of the spark plug wires and it worked PREFECt for the first 2 times. then afterwards it stopped working. the spark plug wires changes voltages so i dont beleive its proper to place it there? i gota a carvox king eagle alarm system.

Does your " CarVox " instruct you to WRAP the wire around the Spark Plug Wire??  ( some R/S do )

Or does the TACH wire hook to a TACH Signal??

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

well see that is where it got interesting.. i says to peel the wire from the tach wire and bind it together.. but i put put it onto a spark plug wire and it works for 3 times starting.. then all of a sudden stopped... i really dont get it.. but just happened..

this is where it puzzles me the most.. i thought that if i gave it a 3 v current and it works... then i can applify the power.. but i sappose not cause you are completely right.. if it calls for the tach wire.. thats what its sapposed to get

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

dougie109 wrote:
but i sappose not cause you are completely right.. if it calls for the tach wire.. thats what its sapposed to get

Still need to know if the Instructions want you to WRAP the wire around Spark Plug Wire or hook to TACH Signal??

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
dougie109 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2005 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

"High-Voltage sensing or Tachometer input "

"connect to the vehicles tach wire"

once again.. thanks alot for all the help

Douglas

Page of 2