Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Cool thank you, I just wanted to be carefull
jvivek 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
hello
Just finished installing Autopage 855-lcd on 2000 Ford Explorer.
Couple of questions I have though.
can't find a location to mount led, where do you guys normally mount your led and valet switch.
second what screw would u use to mount the siren to firewall, would u use self tapping metal screw or drill, then screw metal screw.
also should i use the firewall groumet thhat is currently being used for e-brake and pull the wire through it or should i drill a new hole to only put 2 wires through.
third, this one is quite irritating, I wired it for two step unlock to mimick the factory unlock. when I press the unlock once, it only unlocks the driver door, but when it press unlock again within 3 second, it unlocks all the door except it sends the unlock pulse 3 times, which is irritating, do I need to program this somehow to send one pulse only rather then 3 times.
thank you.
This was first time installing a alarm, It took longer then I wanted too, but I went out of my way to wire everything in. I put in too many relays but hey they all work.
Preyhunter 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
Autopage doesn't list their wires in order of pinout. I'm not really sure why they list them in the order that they do, because they also don't seem to be listed in the order of probable connection location in the vehicle.
Like bobk said, just go with the wire colors.
jvivek 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I setup the autopage, everything went smooth.
I am few issues though.
I set up the alarm for two step unlock.
When i press the unlock button once, it only unlocks the driver side door, great, send one pulse, great, when I press unlock again within 3 seconds, it sends the unlock pulse 3 times when it only need to send the unlock pulse once making my unlock motor go nuts.
2.) My tap here page sensor doesn't work, it looks ugly anyways, could I use someone elses page sensor, do I have to turn it on in the settings somewhere because I didnt see it in programming. I knocked and knocked, never got a page, ahh well.
Other then these problems, everything else is working perfectly.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic