Install and Codes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jjcotte 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys

My truck a 2004.5 Dodge Ram 3500 with a Cummins diesel threw these 3 codes tonight P 1652 P 0243 and P 0480 after picking it up from having the remote starter and alarm put in. I had the Viper 791XV 2-Way Security and Remote Start System installed by a DEI certified installer put them in that has put them in alot of 3rd gen trucks. When Imy brother picked the truck up he noticed the check engine light was on and the installer told me it was on when he started the truck. My Brother said I did not think so but he said take it to the dealer and if they said the alarm was the problem to bring it back.  I am working in Iraq and would normally install it myself.,( I had installed the same unit on my previous 3 trucks) but i had it installed because I will be comming home in a week for 2 weeks R&R and a hunting trip and did not think I had enough time to install it.  the codes are as follows

P0243 Generic Turbo/Super Charger Wastegate Solenoid A

P0480 Cooling Fan 1 Control Circuit/Open (Low Speed Fan Relay)
P1652 J1850 Communication Bus

The truck appears to be running fine but the Check Engine Light is on and these codes are in it.  Is it possible that the technician set them while doing the install?  I understand that disconnecting the batteries will not clear the codes anymore and i am concerned that if I go to the dealer it may cause warranty issues because of the aftermarket install.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

ihookitup4u 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2005 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
It is against the law for the dealer to do anything with your warranty. If the truck is under warranty and it was a pro shop them its between those two to fix it. There is actually a law protecting the comsumer from the dealership from doing anything with your warranty unless they can prove that the aftermarket shop did it wrong and in doing so cause damage beyond a simple issue. If they did do something it is up to them to fix it. Just a tip I work for a shop for a living for 13 years and it sounds to me like at 1st he did not hook up an ignition wire like 2nd or 3rd ign. or 2nd or 3rd acc. and it threw the code. So its up to the shop to fix it. The problem is the installer prolly wont admit to it cause they will take away his commision on the install. Anyway, thats what i know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic