icon

Best Subwoofer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
youngone 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2005 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
alright hear is an idea it seams you have everything coverd so i think you sould upgrade. were you thinking of upgrading. and you whant sq so instead of w7 you sould sell that and some adhire audio brahma or the new subs that they have gust came out with the Sound Splinter Supreme Series it will outproform the w7 enyday and about the same price as the w7 which is like 430 and this thing is like 500 or around that. it is gust a suggestion though. if your not into spending the money you could make it a ported box   that will cost you some sq but will probebly satisefy the craving for a different sound although i do highly suggest the adhire audio Sound Splinter Supreme Series it is crazzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyyyyy they hit 120db in free air FREE AIR with no cabin gain. gust think of that in a car with a well built box. they have amazing sq also. look in to it and see for yourself.
Want to know some good equipment- JL,Adire Audio,Mcintosh,Brax,Helix,Eclipse,JBL,RE,Dimoand Audio,Zapco, pritty much anything DYhon,Forbidden recommend
On the12volt you give some info and you get in
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2005 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  

So what I'm getting here is that you want to improve the SQ - primarily in the sub bass - of an already pretty good setup.  I would only add another W7 if you want more bass, not necessarily better bass.  If you want better sub response go to a bigger (but still quality) amp for improved dynamic response from greater headroom.

Here's the thing: You've already got a very good sub in the system.  Making improvements to that area are possible but start to get very costly for even minimal improvement - the law of diminishing returns.  If it were me, and I just had the audio bug & needed to improve something, I'd focus on the weak spots in the system.  Can you add Dynamat?  Maybe better satellites?  Better front amp?  The W7 + 500/1 is the strongest part of this system, I'd focus elsewhere before changing it.  I think you'll get much bigger SQ dividends by investing in the system front at this point.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic