the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

cold solder

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
i have a qeustion for all. when the cold solder cordless came out i bought a few to check them out and i found that they really didnt work like they advertised. main problem was not enough heat. when i was using 16 awg and under. what does everyone else think about its operation?
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I got one for Christmas last year......it suckscold solder - Last Post -- posted image. But I love my Mommy anyways
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Just another useless gimmick, which every non-informed individual has been suckered into buying.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
They're not to bad for resoldering wires to circuit boards. But for doing like audio installations no way.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
even that wiring to a curcuit board it is usless. so i brought it back to the shack where i bought it a got my money back. at first they gave me a problem and said they havn't had a problem .so i asked have you used one yet? no. so how can you say you didnt have a problem? well we have not had a return yet. i said yes you have you have, two right here ,now please my money sir. and when i see it being sold still i think how can they still be trying to sell this and a corperation like radio shack put there name on it when it dont work in the least bit. oh well, thankx for the opinions guys
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
Almost like COLD FUSION.........cold solder - Last Post -- posted image.
Score 1 for ARUBA
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, that Cold Heat gizmo really ought to be renamed Cold Solder joints, because that's probably the best it could do. It's a nifty concept, but unfortunately doesn't work, with delicate its carbon tips and insufficient heat transfer. I really wanted it to work, but after spending minutes trying to solder a wire to a simple terminal, gave up. Fired up my Weller butane iron, and did it in a jiffy, even accounting for the time spent letting it warm up. Back to Radio Shack it went. The infomercial they show in TV is hilarious, they make it look like a mini arc welder, reattaching chains for jewelry.
The butane soldering irons work much better for situations where you want to go cordless.
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
I hate that thing so much I threw one across the room... I'm buying my coworker a new one after work.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
It *IS* a excellent idea, and perhaps in the future someone who is really serious about the concept, will improve upon the current model.
Untill then, its worse then a toy, its simply a waste of hard earned money to those who have taken a chance on it.
Regards
EVIL Teken <--- Who has been away far too long from his friends on The 12 Volt forum . . .cold solder - Last Post -- posted image.
Knowledge is power. But only if you apply that knowledge in a positive way, which promotes positive results in others.
EVIL Teken . . .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic