icon

Angel Eyes alternative

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mickey1031 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  

yeah that would be true now that you say that. Next question how flexiabel ar they?

I have a hole in the back of my lens that is about 1.5 inches acrossed where the light bulb gose in so if i could stick them threw that it would be great.

Trying not to have to cut the lights for any reason they are 200.00 each so if i screw them up it will cost me dearly LOL

just a man trying to make a nice toy car out of a monte carlo SS
cowboy21 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
u don't cut the lights, u remove as much as possible off them and heat them in the oven so the glue melts, no cuting what so ever
modest yet effective... ECLIPSE 12", Venom 8"x2, Focal 5 1/2" comp.,Response amps x2 (580WRMS total @ 4Ohms), Pioneer TFT + DVD, good for 148.7dB
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  

sorry should have made it more clear, i ment to have them removabel on my lights. I have installed in there now some puprel leds and also strobes of the same color with out cutting the light or taking off the lens to get the wires hidden.

But i can get both of those out if they fail to repair or replace them when i need to.

how easy do the lenses come off when they are hot? Is it somethign that you have to worry about deformeing the rest of the houseing? That is my big fear is it deforeming the houseinf for the light as im fighting the lens off.

Im thinking of doing it this weekend.if i can get tthe stuff from the store in time i have the LED's here already so they are easy ewnough to come up with.

cowboy21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2005 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
that was my concern aswell, but i have spare headlight housings lying around just in case, but no if u dont rush it, take the neseccery time at the right heat the first thing to melt will be the glue and the glass basiclly falls away from the housing with no deformities, and when putting it back together have the stuff ready to quickly put inside the housing, put only the housing in the oven untill the glue melts again then put all the stuff inside the housing, and place the glass into position, MAKE SURE THE GLASS GETS A GOOD SEAL ALL THE WAY ROUND, it will be hot so be prepared.
modest yet effective... ECLIPSE 12", Venom 8"x2, Focal 5 1/2" comp.,Response amps x2 (580WRMS total @ 4Ohms), Pioneer TFT + DVD, good for 148.7dB
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  

kool time to get out the welding gloves then LOL

ok yeah i was worried i might deform my houseing i dont have a extra one laying aroudn and they are not chea for my car if i screw it up :0

basically what your saying is it is done when the lens falls off the houseing ?

Or are you checking it after a whiel to see if you can get them off easy

I dont plan to go wash my hair while this is goign on but just want to make sure before i start on it.

cowboy21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  

yeah u can just check when u fell its ready but remember

"This is done by heating it in a cooking oven for about 10-15 minutes at 275°F or until the glue loosen. It may take a longer or shorter time to soften the glue on different headlamp unit"

Make sure u stick to the instructions carefully and you should be right, good luck and also be very patient.

mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  

ok thanks I will get on this asap. will let you know how it gose but with the wife and two kids comming home sick i dont htink it will be this weekend:-(

But real soon i will get on to it.

cowboy21 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
cool, cant wait to see it
MikesMarine 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
mickey1031 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  

but why spend 30.00 us pluse shipping and then have to tear those apart to place the right color LED in them when i can build my set here with the parts i can find in the local area i have the LED's and it will be cheaper and done before the box would get here? and they would have to install the same way any way?

I have seen those i can get  a set of 2 for less then 20 euro so it would be about the same price and can get them off the shelf. But they are still jus tthe BMW rings. and if i make them i have the choice to make them the right size for my car.

Dont get me wrong for someone that dont feel they could make them those are a great choice But i have no fear of messing up a plastic doll rod and putting it in my car when i can profect the rod to the way and size i need to have for my car.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic