icon

Viper 771XV installed on a manual Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdmonty77 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 5:19 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 1994 Honda Accord EX with a 5 speed manual tranny.
As I am sure you already guessed, I need some help wiring the clutch switch to be able to remote start the car.
771 XV installation intruction pdf
If somebody could tell me what wires to use on the alarm and where to hook them up that would be great. I think I will need a relay of some sort.
I always park my car in neutral with the e-brake on so safety is not a factor here, but I will be installing a toggle switch that has to be switched in order to use the remote start, this way if somebody else drives the car I dont have to worry about it if they park it in gear.
Hopefully somebody here can help me out, it is greatly appreciated.
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2005 at 6:15 AM / IP Logged  

the best way to do it is use the NSS fron pheriferical thas is for manual trans. then you have to find the E-brake wire which send negative when the E-brake is up, use a togle switch between the e-brake wire and BLACK/ white fron the 771xv., the relay for the clutch is at the right of the DKP the wire is blue/black use the blue/white wire from the brain to trigger the relay.Viper 771XV installed on a manual Accord -- posted image.

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
jdmonty77 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
I was told that the wires coming off the switch at the clutch would be constant grounded on one and the other would only be grounded when I pushed in the clutch. What if I just put a toggle in to ground the one that isnt constantly grounded. Then I could flip the toggle when I park my car and it would then be able to start? Would this work?
jdmonty77 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
Or actually if the negative signal from the e-brake being up was connected to the clutch switch that only shows negative when the clutch is pushed in, wouldnt the car then "think" the clutch was pushed in each time the e-brake was pulled up? Would this hurt anything?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
you're just asking to drive your car through a building aren't you.
get somesort of neutral safety interface, peripherals NSS or DEI's 689M
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
jdmonty77 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
So does anybody else have any responses to this? IF I were to use the peripheral nss or the dei 689m, where would I find them? I dont see why I cant connect the negaitive from the ebarke to the clutch wire so it thinks the car has the clutch pushed in.
jdmonty77 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody?
redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
best way to do it is too wire the status output wire to a relay and then to the clutch bypass wires
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
jdmonty77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Well maybe nobody has read that I have already installed this on the car. I will not waste my time removing it and then reinstalling a different one.
RedpeppersI am an amature at installing these, in fact this is only the second one I have ever done. The first one was in 1999. Can you tell me what the status output wire you talked about is? Also, how do i know what wires are the clutch bypass wires?
jdmonty77 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2005 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
***EDITED***
Well maybe nobody has read that I have already installed this on the car. I will not waste my time removing it and then reinstalling a different one.
RedpeppersI am an amature at installing these, in fact this is only the second one I have ever done. The first one was in 1999. Can you tell me what the status output wire you talked about is? Also, how do i know what wires are the clutch bypass wires?
***EDITED***
Is the status output wire you speak of the blue wire on the 7 pin remote start primary harness?
If this is the right one, how do I connect the relay to this wire and to the clutch bypass wires?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic