icon

Push button start with Matrix 10.5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Black Dak 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2005 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

I installed this alarm in my 01 Daodge Dakota Quad Cab.  I have a friend who is an installer and he built me the relay pack for the door locks, and another relay pack for this current question.  I appreciate his help, but I'd like to understand more about what is going into my truck!  I am here to learn, and I have picked up enough here and there to be dangerous...

I am installing a completely keyless start system.  I have already installed a push button for the starter from a Dodge Ram SRT-10, and I have a relay pack that my friend made to power up the truck.

It is designed to be tied into the alarm.  Being a truck, I am not using the remote trunk release, of course, so this button on th FOB will "turn on" the truck, for lack of a better expression.  Then I get in, press the button and off I go.

Here is my question...

Can the trnk button on the alarm FOB be programmed via the Bitwriter for Infinite On and then Infinite Off?  That is what I need to be possible for this whole thing to work.

I need it to work like this...

Assumming alarm is armed, disarm the alarm.  This also unlocks the doors.

Press the trunk button, which will kick on the relay pack and the truck will be as if I have the key in the first position of the ignition switch.

Get in, press the button, truck starts.

Get out, press trunk button to kill ignition, killing the engine, then arm the alarm.

If this works, then could this change be made?  I'd like the trunk button to turn the ignition and accessories on, but it would be nice if arming the alarm also killed the ignition.  I know I might have to put a delay somehow so the alarm wouldn't arm until the dome light went out and the vibrations from the truck shuttong down were gone, but is it possible?

I really appreciate any and all comments.  As far as back-up security, there will also be a hidden (deeply hidden) switch that will also turn on and off the relays, in case something happens to the FOB.  I do have the chip/Sentry key, and am already in the process of installing the 556U unit.

Black Dak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, I still need some info on the capabilities of the Bitwriter to modify a channel (probably the trunk release) to act as an Infinite On and an Infinite Off switch.  Can it be done?  Is there another way?

Everything else in installed and working, including the hidden accessory switch and push button start with 556U chip key bypass. 

I just want to be able to turn on the accessory circuits with the remote...

tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
I think the easiest way for you to accomplish this is to use a latching relay to turn in your ignition/accessory relays. It will latch upon hitting the trunk button on your remote, and then un-latch upon hitting it again. I think this is what you are looking for.
Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
Black Dak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  

Are you familiar with DEI wiring (if it's any different than other alarms)?  I have the trunk release wire from the main module, that's easy enough.  I also have the relays all installed and operated by a hidden switch that provides a ground and powers up the relays.  Does the brown trunk wire from the brain just supply a ground?

I know nothing about relays and how to hook them up, can the latching relay be controlled by the trunk release wire, and how would it be wired?  My friend is telling me the only way to do it is to use multiple wires and I would have to press two buttons on the remote to turn the accessories on.  I only want to hit one button for this.

Thanks!

Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
is this a matrix 10.5?
According to the install diagrams, the brown wire from the brain should be the siren +
The RED / white wire is channel 2 output(trunk button) It cant be programmed but you could use on of the other channel outputs to do what your trying to do. They can be programmed as latched.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

tie the RED / white aux out from the 10.5 to a - activation input on the RS unit and off you go......

of course, it would have made way more sense to just buy the 3.5 which is exactly what you are trying "to build" and it only costs about 50 bucks more.... this way you will get an actual RS status display on the LCD remote.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Black Dak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

Evolution-UK wrote:
is this a matrix 10.5?
According to the install diagrams, the brown wire from the brain should be the siren +
The RED / white wire is channel 2 output(trunk button) It cant be programmed but you could use on of the other channel outputs to do what your trying to do. They can be programmed as latched.

I may have gotten the grey and brown wires confused here, sorry. (Hood pin and trunk release).  Either way, can the 10.5 be programmed to do what I need?  Bitwriter?  My installer friend is trying to get me to use multiple buttons to get a latching action out of this alaem.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
aux channel 4 is programmable for different validity (latched being one of them )
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Black Dak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
aux channel 4 is programmable for different validity (latched being one of them )

Please forgive my ignorance, this is probably a stupid and definitely a newbie question.

I have a set of relays that are controlled by a switch that is meant to be a back-up to the remote.  I want the remote to control the ground to a circuit, which is all the switch is doing.

One side of the switch goes directly to ground, the other goes to the relays.  I can connect channel 4 to the leads coming from the relays and it will act like an on/off switch?  I don't have my manual here, is channel 4 a single button or two button  function?

Black Dak 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2005 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking at the Latched ON/OFF output from a momentary pulse diagram.

Will this work for my application?  I see a 12V output, but I need to provide a ground, and I am not sure if this will work.  My relay pack it setup to turn on when it gets grounded out, so I need the alarm output, which I am assumming is a ground itself, to activate the circuit then shut it off, like a latching relay.  I must sound like a moron!

Can someone dscribe how to wire this setup to react from a trunk release momentary output from an alarm to provide a switchable ground to a circuit?

Is it better to use diodes or no?  I am heading out to pick up the parts asap...

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic