icon

Itching

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
my guess is wait it out, dont wear anything with long sleeves so u dont irritate it more and dont rub your arms.    u could possibly treat it like stinging nettle or poison ivy?
djrcustom 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
Also try the poof sponge things for the liquid soaps, they work pretty good, won't get rid of all of it but should help some, works for me anyways =P and try not to itch it
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
LOL I had a feeling this thread was about this. djrcustoms suggestion usually works for me. But I remember I was so pissed off I took a roll of duct tape and wrapped it around my hand sticky side out and then I used it as kind of like a lint brush. That helped me out too.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I take an EXTREMELY hot shower after I am done working with glass. It helps to open your pores; also if you can get something like kinda tough and that liquid bath soap to wash off with while in the shower. I do that every time I work with fiberglass and I haven't itched once (which is great because I have to wear BDUs all day long)
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
This is my FG suit. I never sand FG without it.
Itching -- posted image.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
toolinmaine 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Man, You gotta wear the proper clothing to fiberglass! Wear those uniforms that cover your whole body, the ones that autobody painters use. they are paperlike and cheap. They work good enough. If you do get fibers in your skin use some GOJO, and a really hotttt shower. Opens the poors and the GOJO digs it out. You can get it at VIP real cheap, like five bucks for a half gallon.. good investment. Also wear mechanics gloves or rubber gloves when sanding. the mechanics gloves are like 10 bucks at Sears or Home Depot. They breathe well and keep out fibers.. Also make sure to wear a GOOD mask  like this one to keep that sh&& out of your lungs its causes micro cuts which make you cough and such. Those cheap dollar ones at Wal Mart wil not do a good enough job. Its your body take good care of it.  
eric anderson-nosredna cire
toolinmaine 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2005 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

Itching -- posted image.

A MASK LIKE THIS ONE FROM ABOVE POST

eric anderson-nosredna cire
fibeyfreak 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
I was reading something a while ago it said to use baby powder on the areas that will be exposed to fiberglass dust. I tried it using my girlfriends victorias secret powder.....we didnt ha ve any baby powder but it worked
f-f-f-fibah-glass
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  
You used Victoria's Secret powder????? OOOKAY Itching -- posted image.. Wouldn't baby powder absorb the sweat the drips off of your body causing it to wear off and overheat your body quicker? I mean sure you would smell pretty good afterwards...especially if you used...lol...lmao...Victorias Secret powder (just playing fibeyfreak) but, seriously I don't know how well that would work and I don't want to coax anyone into rubbing themselves down with baby powder. It sounds like it would work in the case of our friend up here, for removing the annoying itch AFTER you got it.
smurphalurph 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Gotta love the Dremel, but yeah I use the poof sponge after doing anything with glass.
When you do things right, people won't realize you've done anything at all.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic