icon

Started Integra Enclosure Today

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Benji999 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2006 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Nice work man, good luck w/ the rest of it, I'm glad to see that you used MDF for the flat portions.
footbaldd 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2006 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have it out right now and have everything almost finished, I did end up changing the pvc port out for a 4 inch aeroport. I dont have any pictures as it sits (my main computer has a hosed xp install) but I will post up a couple when I put it back in. I know its rather slow progress, but I haven't had a lot of time and I would rather have it done right. Thanks for the compliments.
footbaldd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Started Integra Enclosure Today - Page 4 -- posted image.
Started Integra Enclosure Today - Page 4 -- posted image.
Clif 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
looks great! how dose it sound with that aroport? looks great tho for a first project
hmmm.... was that the right wire?
footbaldd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
I made a huge difference going from the straight pvc that I was messing around with when I first started to this setup. I have yet to hear any port noise, and it seems to have a rather flat response down to 30. Tomorrow I have to take out that md2 and fix one of the inserts, and then I have to Isolate a couple rattles with some weatherstripping (it fits right up to the panels on the sides so there is a slight vibration there, and I just put the trunk lid cover on but didnt have enough weather stipping to pad it) Besides that I need to finish the top lids for the amps. With the lids on all you will see is the sub and port.
arrivalanche 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
why is there a breaker in the back?
footbaldd 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
Its a 120 amp circuit breaker. I put it back there so It will pop before the anl fuse up front and to serve as a distrobution block if I want to and anything down the road.
cavy9939 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  

i'm about to do something similar, but am wondering something. How do you attach the fiberglass base to the bottom of the trunk? OR does it just sit there in it's place? TIA

drvnbysound 
Silver - Posts: 289
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
The best way to permanately attach a fiberglass mold or any other panels to the bottom of the trunk is to drill holes through the bottom of the panel and trunk floor, and literally bolt them into place. Use silicone or other sealer on the bottom of the trunk to prevent rusting.
Many people dont like the idea of drilling through the floor of their car, however along with having your equipment safe in-case you were in a wreck (the equipment will stay in place and not bang around in the trunk). It also becomes a security feature; if you have a spare tire well enclosure, no one can just rip out your box, they would have to individually take each sub off of the sub baffle, and if you used special security screws they may not even bother.
younguru 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
looks pretty clean can't wait to see ur next one maybe u could get more creative with it
alex
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic