icon

Clifford RS3.5 alarm, 95 civic EX coupe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
95showcivic 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

that grey wire is on the remote start harness, thats for if the car is remotely started, then the hood is opened, the car will shut off. But i am not installing a remote start, just alarm. and the wire to the hood trigger should be on the primary harness, which im not sure if i have right wire..any help guys?

Tommy V.
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
use the gray wire.... on the remote start that wire is used for both the hood trigger and remote start
95showcivic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
the thing is, I am not installing the remote start. I have seen the hood trigger wired up by one of the wires from the primary harness and seen it work. I just dont remember which wire it is i used from that harness. I thought it was the orange. I am trying to make sure.
Tommy V.
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
the orange on the promary harness is the armed output wire, which provides a - signal when the car is armed, that is the wrong wire you used. for the hood trigger you want to use the blue(h1/7) or the gray (h3/4) on the remote start harness for the hood. if you used the blue for the trunk input you want to diode isolate the trunk and the hood pin wires or your trunk light will turn on when the hood is open.
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
the best place ive found to mount the pin switches in the 92-00 civics are on the cowling right next to the right side of the battery, there is a plastic clip there, just cut it off and make the hole alittle bigger for a hood pin. you can cut the plastic part of the hood pin so it triggers sooner. ive never had a probelem with it being there, and it would be impossible to ever bypass manually since is way back in the engine.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
95showcivic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, i understand what you saying. I did use the blue wire and ran it to the trunkpin. my alarm has 5 Zones, and the hood being one of them. How would the alarm sense the hood is open, if the hood trigger is wired to the blue wire, which on my diagram is suppose to be wired to the trunkpin? It also says Grey (-) Hoodpin shutdown input, I know what that wire does, but I am not hooking up a remote start, only the alarm.

Tommy V.
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
why don't u just use the gray for hood input and the blue for trunk and be done with it why make it harder on yourself........ tape up the other 4 wires on that harness and there u go nice and simple no need for diodes. just makes it harder on a newbie if u wanna use the blue wire for both trunk and hood
95showcivic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
so if i hook up that grey wire, will the alarm siren go off when the hood is popped?
Tommy V.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  
How many different people have to tell you to use the grey wire for the hood pin before you listen? It doesn't matter if you are not installing the remote start. If you use the grey wire, the remote will show the hood icon for your hood. If you diode isolate it with the blue wire and trunk pin, you won't be able to tell which zone is triggered.
Since you aren't installing the remote start portion.....
How did you wire up the starter kill? Did you still connect any of the wires from the relay pack?
If you aren't installing the relay pack you should do the following:
Cut the ribbon cable that connects the alarm brain and the relay pack. You will need to connect the yellow wire in the ribbon cable to the ignition wire in the car.
You can then use the ORANGE / black in the ribbon cable or the orange wire in the primary harness (the wire you were using for your hood pin input) to trigger the starter kill relay. Connect it to 85 on a relay.....86 to ignition.....cut the starter wire...... 30 to one side, 87a to the other side.
95showcivic 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2005 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
I am not hooking up the starter kill, because I already installed a starter kill and a fuel kill a few months back. So i dont need that optional kill from the alarm. And i heard everyone say grey, I was just making sure that i understand fully what will happen when that grey wire is connected to the hoodpin. I  want to understand fully all of the alarm functions.. thats all...calm the attitude.
Tommy V.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic