icon

00' Grand Prix GT won't remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hotrod81860 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
I have a phoenix digital car alarm/ remote starter pd-175. I have all the wires ran like I'm suppose to and everthing else is working on it but the remote starter. The only way it will remote start is when the key is in the ignition, but even with the key in the ignition it still holds way too long when it starts. Without the key in the ignition it only starts for about 3 to 4 seconds before it automatically shuts off. The only reason I purchased it was for the remote starter, I already had an alarm on it. I have everything else I need, I know I have passkey III, so I have the passkey III 555G bypass module and everything should be connected right. Can someone please help me with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
u need a bypass module for this type of car and the reason it stays cranking for too long... 3 things that it can be (1) tach is not learned (2) crank timing is set for too long and (3) voltage sensing is not on... it might be those things. but the car won;t remotestart without the bypass module.
hotrod81860 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
I have the bypass module.....
hotrod81860 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

I already looked at all three things you listed but still nothing. I'm kinda stuck now.

redpeppers 
Silver - Posts: 483
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
does ur car have a class 2 data bus system?  a easy way to figure out if it does is to open the drivers door and turn on the headlights with the key off....listen to hear where the door chime is coming from....if the chime is coming from the drivers door speaker then u have a class 2 data bus system.
Where theres is a wire there's a way.
hotrod81860 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

I just checked it out and it wasn't coming from the driver speaker. It seemed as if it was coming from the dashboard. I thought about wiring it as a data bus system when it didn't work right, but I figured it wasn't

redpeppers 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
what diagram did u use to wire the unit up?  where did u get the diagram from?  IF it is starting with the key in the igntion then u know u have a bypass wiring problem.....and what do u mean by it hold too long?  where did u get tach?
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
What bloody difference does it make if the car has Class2 or not? He's doing a remote start... not a deck.
In the column harness, you will see the immobilizer harness. It will have: Purple, Pink, Orange, And a black wire. It will be taped every 4" or so with orange tape, and will terminate in a grey plug. Would there happen to be a blue wire in this harness? If so... it is a fuel interrupt system, not a data system. Follow the instructions on the 555G for "fuel interrupt", and set the jumper appropriately. This should take care of your peoblem.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
redpeppers 
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
the 555g has 2 different install types.....so that would prolly make the bloody differance ......
hotrod81860 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  

Yea it does have a blue wire in the harness but I already followed the instructions for a fuel interrupt system. I know its not a wiring error because I have checked over and over.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic