icon

CD player no power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rock1 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
only the stock radio gets power but no sound.
the aftermaket does not even get power.
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
directly ground the aftermarket. follow geepherder advice and run speakers wires to the speakers you probably have a factory am, so just run some speaker wires. you didnt say if it was an old aftermarket or new. is there a qeustion on if the aftermarket works or not. like i said directly ground the hu to the chassis or plug the ant. in it will bring ground to the hu. also take the advice of using a dmm or test light to verify what your constant and switched power is in your factory harness.. on aftermarket hu yellow is constant and red is switch so once you know where those two are in you factory harness you should be functional on the aftermarket. i would spend time on the aftermarket if thats what is going in the car once you get it powered then take the next step and hook up a single speaker to the hu to verify it work then try your car speakers. did you use the 9v battery i suggested to see if you got any reaction out of the factory door speakers? to verify they work. if not pull one out and test it directly to the hu. if it works chances are the rest do if not chances are they all dont work. get the hu powered up and take it from there. lol
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
rock1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I will try to get the aftermarket to work.
since the stock radio gets power how can I get sound to it?
the speakers are installed and the I checked the fuses and there ok. I will try different speaker and see.
fingaz22 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
trying speakers on the factory is great if you try it and it works then you have a problem inbetween the hu harness and door speakers if they dont then there is a good chance they work(speakers). get th aftermarket hu working keep us posted. lol
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
dark mist 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Cant help with your power problem, but you will probably find you have factory amp in your mazda. The equivalent Mazda 626 has 2 amps, one for front and one for rear speakers.
Cheers
rock1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
The sound will not work without the factory amp?
fingaz22 
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
if dark mist is right and i thought you wrote that you did not have a factory amp. then you will not get sound out of the speakers if they do not turn on. if this is true and you do have a factory amp then listen to the advise a few of us gave you and run new speakers wires. i still am woundering why the factory amps did not turn on and work with the factory hu. your fuses are ok? i will try to find out if you have factory amps but you will not ,want to use the aftermarket with the factory amp and if the amps are inop then bypassing them is your best oppition. either running new wires or getting a bypass harness and locating those amps. have you figured the power problem out yet?
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
rock1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
I dont have the factory amp in my car or the stock radio when I brought the car. I had to get a stock radio for this. the last owner must of took out the factory amp and radio. I guess I have to bypass it.
fingaz22 
Posted: November 13, 2005 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

if the factory amp is gone you need to connect the input / output for the factory amp to finish the curcuit . this is why most likely your speakers dont work. purchase the bypass for the amp the one i suggested in the previous post. whats happening is the sound is making it through the wires but cant continue because the amp is missing and the curcuit is severed at that point. the bypass will fix the problem on the sound part, have you got anywhere with the aftermarket power problem? after bypassing because the amp is not there the factory hu will do you no good so you will need to get that aftermarket working.

if you have trouble getting the bypass harness you can ,but will be alot more work. make the connection your self by cutting and soldering the wires inbetween the input/output harness where the bypass would go.

of course it will be the best to locate a bypass harness and then if that fails you do as suggested in the second part. you will need the schematic/color code for the amp if you choose the sencond part to do so. because the input colors code will be different then the output color code. you could always run speaker wires like we have suggested earlier. for me, cutting and soldering would be the less labor intensive but running new wire you get to choose type,guage and quality but will be more work.

keep us posted lol

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
rock1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I dont seem to have the factory wiring that goes to the cd changer and amp in the trunk but in the junk yard they all the this wiring Im guessing I have to go back and get the wiring for the amp to run this bypass. Why did the last owner do this.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic