Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ThEvil0nE 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  

Greetings to all,

This would be my 1st post. I just purchsed the Viper 800 ESP (140.00+S/H). I think I have just enough (or almost) experience about car installs. I installed everything (audio-set-up) myself and most of my friends but haven't tried installing a Security system (quite intimidating). There is an exsisting basic alarm installed btw the I-have-to-get-rid-of-this-thing CHECKMATE. I know you guys would love to see me get that thing off my system...so I'm begging you... pls. pls... help me out here. If you guys can show me and help me install the V-800 ESP I would really appreciate that.

If you guys can walk me through on the installation, I would be more than willing to brave the winter cold and crawl in and under my car if I have to.

My car is a 4cyl. auto trans. btw.

Thank you very much in advance and happy holidays!

99 Accord
17" R-Tech
225/45 Kumho Ecsta Supra
AutoPC / GPS
Audio Control EQX2
2 Infinity Kappa Amps (F/R)
1 Infinity Beta Class D (Subs)
2 1Farad L-Caps
6.5 MBQ / 6x9 MBQ
3 10" MTX sld-b
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

Well if you pretty good at installing a car stereo and really familiar with wire diagrams and know how to use a DMM meter, first thing you have to look for is your manual for your alarm,  print this out if you don't have one

1. http://www.directed.com/guides/pdfs/N381V.pdf   is the alarm manual

2.  1999 Honda Accord Alarm Information

3, Give me your e/m and I'll send you a manual on how to install alarms. IS THERE A REMOTE START on this alarm?

the rookie!~
nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

Just to add to this line of questioning (btw, this is MY first post too..), I'm putting a remote start on a 99 accord 2dr V6.  I'm 98% sure that I installed everything correctly (proper tach sense wire, BOTH ign and accy wires powered up).  However, when I activate the remote start, starter will engage, but it won't start.  One of the things I'm unsure if is if this model requires a transponder bypass module or if there's a factory security system that needs to be disarmed for remote starts to activate. 

Any insight that anyone could give me would be helpful, as this is a present for my gf, and I'm doing this while she is at work..

Oh, and just so you know, I'm installing a Crimestopper CS-700 II.

joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
is your a auto or manual 5-speed?
the rookie!~
nubiannupe 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Oops, sorry bout that.... it's an autoTRAGIC.  Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord -- posted image.
joelr7309 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

Make sure you have your starter  wire hooked up on the remote relay, and ground  your safety toggle switch if you have one,  see  if your  relays are working fine on your remote start,

Does this alarm come basic with a remote start,  or is it an add on?

Like the rest of the new alarms like Clifford and Viper550esp then come standard,

the rookie!~
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Say, TheEvilOne!, where did you get your Viper 800 from?
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
ThEvil0nE 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the infos! I do have the MANUAL for the alarm (downloaded it frm site). Has anyone of you installed the V-800 ESP? If so, have anyone encountered any difficulties or came up with something a bit confusing that needs extra attention?

More safety/handy TIPS will be more than welcome Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord -- posted image.

In respond:

*** joelr7309 - 3, Give me your e/m and I'll send you a manual on how to install alarms. IS THERE A REMOTE START on this alarm?

Thanks man! icufsh2@yahoo.com REMOTE START is an OPTION on the 800ESP in which I would be adding. Here's a link of the 800ESP features just in case http://www.drdetailshop.com/VIPERCOMPARE.html 

***jrilla - Say, TheEvilOne!, where did you get your Viper 800 from?Say, TheEvilOne!, where did you get your Viper 800 from?

Bought it new from Ebay :) It was "buy it now DUTCH auction" for 139.99+s/h. Was it a good deal Viper 800 ESP on 99 Accord -- posted image. ???

jamiejackson 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

nubiannupe

On your Honda Accord you have a transponder factory security system.  To bypass this system you have two options:  1.   There's a module you can purchase from any audio store  2.   You can hard wire yourself .  Take the stering column down, around the key cyclinder is where the actual transpondser is located.  First take your spare key and somehow attach it close to the cyclinder.  Try to remote start your vechile, it might take a little bit of effort moving the key around if you can get it to work hot glue or somehow attach your spare key there.  And put your column back on.  If you use the module it would be better and safer, it is expensive but well worth it.  Just take your time and read your instructions.

AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2002 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

thats an EXCELLENT deal!

it does have alot of extras, so plan it out well before putting anything in the car, bench prep it as much as possible for all the options your going to use, or use in the future. Take your time and do it right the first time. The Accord is a very simple car, only bummer is the door trigger on the passengers side in the fuse box multiplex. Other than that, it's pretty basic. So hide things well.

Viper Equipped
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic