icon

98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
devastater99 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
hey, i really need some help with the hook up of this sub my cousin just gave me cause he had it laying around.
its got an amp attached on the back of it, and is all i have to do is hook up the power from the amp to the battery and then find the sub cables from my stereo and run wires to the back and hook them up to the amp (then to the sub) ..........if thats right, then does anyone have a diagram of the stereo i got (Pioneer DEH-1600) so i can get the sub hooked up? i know thats probably wrong somehow cause ive never done this before, so can someone help me out......
ive helped people with a little xbox modding and pictures help a whole lot so here you go98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo -- posted image. plz reply and thnx!!!
Pioneer DEH-1600
One of the speakers in the trunk if the writing on the back helps at all
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/Devastater/car010.jpg
the sub
and a bunch of pictures of the amp

menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
what you need to do is buy rca's long enough to reach your amp. hook those into the rear of your deck in rear-out or sub-out. if you have sub-out.  the blue wire on the back of the deck is your remote turn on add length to reach your amp. use heat shrink to cover up the connection (just use a butt connector) next remove your positve terminal off of your battery run an 8 guage wire from the battery to the amp. use the same size ground. NEVER use a smaller size ground. and find a good grounding point. close to the amp. it looks like the amp is wired for bridged operation so leave it.  did i leave anything out???? still need help just ask. dissconnect the battery first,
devastater99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
alright lemme read this back to you and make sure i understood it all,
get rca connection from back of my stereo to the the amp, (sub outs of course)
then from the amp to the sub,
then get long enough 8 guage wire to get from the amp to my battery, pos to pos then ground on anything without a pos charge like the frame? or inside the trunk somewhere? good idea, bad? 8 guage for that as well.....
and then what do u mean its wired for a bridged operation, plz explain so i don't totally mess something up without even knowing......
kool, now i just need to find schematics for the pioneer DEH-1600........

oh ya, might there be a breaker panel somewhere in the trunk that i can get power for the amp from instead of the battery way in the front?
i'll look for one tomaro.....
devastater99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
oh ya and i forgot, what is this remote turn on you are talking about?
i found installation instructions for the DEH-1600 on pioneers website and it looks even simpler than i thought cause i don't even have to splice any wires back there.......just gotta plug the rca's in........but it also mentioned the system remote control thingy and i have no idea what that is.......can u explain it to me?98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo -- posted image.

heres the link to the install pdf

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
menace was actually a bit off on the remote turn-on; you want the blue/white wire in the back of your deck, unless you don't want the sub playing when you're listening to a CD 98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo -- posted image.
The remote wire is a very low current 12V wire that triggers the amp to turn on so it is not on when the HU is not on. There should be 3 inputs on your amp: +12V, rem, gnd. The remote input will be much smaller than the other two.
You will not find any large gauge wires in the trunk that you can pull power for the amp. Please do not forget to fuse that main power wire from the battery within 10"-12" of the connection to the battery in the front.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
and who shot the amp with the shotgun? 98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo -- posted image.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
devastater99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
lol, i dunno my cousin gave it to me that way.....98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo -- posted image.
but i'm guessing that remote you're talking about would be in this pic right?
right next to gnd, the one that says remote?
so connect the blue/white wire in the back to that........and do i have to splice it and leave it in tact while putting another wire leading to the amp, or can i just cut it and connect it, and........*grunt* to many details to take into account......what guage wire for that, and what kind of fuse for the amp power........really sorry for so many questions ive never hooked up any kind of audio in a car b4......
Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
you got it on the connection at the amp. The blue/white behind the radio should not be hooked to anything right now; that car does not have a factory amp to turn on. You should be able to add a length directly to the end of the wire from the harness off the radio. Use 18 gauge or so for that wire; it carries very little current.
The fuse on your main power wire should be slightly greater than the max current draw of your amp; you can just look at the fuses on the side of the amp to determine that. Your amp has one 25A fuse, so I would use a 30A fuse on your main power wire, that way you will be sure that you can provide enough current for any musical peaks, but your wire is protected in the event of a short circuit. You could realistically use any fuse between 30-70A.
menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
      98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo -- posted image.thank you for catching that hornshockey!!
devastater99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
sweet, i think thats all the info i need......i opened up the dash and the rear outputs are right there, and the blue/white wire......lol98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo -- posted image. has got a manufacture note on it stating what it is and then a female connector on it to make everything that much easier.....i have a long enough rca cable, but thats all i have ......so............
TO THE HARDWARE STORE!!!!

thankyou guys for all your help, without you i would probably electricute myself trying to hook all this up...98 Toyota Corolla LE stereo -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic