icon

weird wiring question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mr-nockers 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

first off im a newbie and want to say hi.I have a 94 gmc truck that i put a remote starter in. I have the door locks on channel 1 and was wondering if i could use channel 2 wich is used for a trunk release to operate my electric fuel pump instead since a dont have a trunk anyways.  That way i can turn off my fuel pump so my truck cant be stolen.  My remote starter is a valet model 552t, the manual says the wire is a (-)200 Ma. or cant this channel be used this way?? thanks .

menace2sobriety 
Silver - Posts: 394
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

why dont you just make it cut off the coil or coil pack?

mr-nockers 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2005 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah i could do  that  too , Im reading up on it a little more and think ive got it figured out. I think i need to change my setting from default validity to latched output, meaning the negative signal continues until i press the button again to turn it off . and convert the (-) output to a  (+) output  for  the relay.

jshhhs 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
Be sure to include a relay when you are using your triggers for other components. Some stuff needs a specific voltage-be careful. In general if you can change from - to + trigger on the channel then its od to energize any component with that channel as long as the polarity is correct. You are on the right track and you will soon realize how much fun alarms can be-you can make em do anything wiht the right relays etc. I have a motorized amp rack and a trunk pop/lift hooked to my rem. start output. Its on a timer and if I hit the option on the remote before i start the car the trunk pops and the amps fold down. Fun stuff. Ciao. Youll get it.
What the feezy?
boomer_106 
Silver - Posts: 710
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

I would be careful doing anything like this. If you have a malfunction while driving and, the engine dies at 55 mph on the highway, you will lose your power steering also. Is vehicle theft that big of a problem where you live? 

Not trying to ruin your plans just throwing something out to think about.

mr-nockers 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2005 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

If the engine dies it really isnt that hard to steer at high speed . and the fuel pump is already controlled by a relay and electric pump so it  wouldnt be any more suseptable to failure by adding another one.  My truck got stolen  last month and was stripped along with other items, tools etc,  after i fixed it they tried stealing it again, You would be suprised how easy they can get into the steering column to bypass the key lock,  right now im removing a wire so it wont start but its a pain in the rear to do it that way. Thats why i was thinking of using the 2nd channel on my auto starter the :trunk latch : to disrupt the power somehow,  If anyone has a good way to incorporate this i would love to hear some ideas maybe a diagram to .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic