icon

Amp im interested in

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hobobasher 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
no i understnad what you mean. atleast you didnt come off as rude towards me atleast you were polite about it. so i will respect your opinion and work on that. im not used to typing with puntuation and all that stuff so give me time ill work on it.
thank you
paul
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Well thanks for your cooperation.  All us greatly appreciate it. 
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
hobobasher 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2005 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
hey man not a problem. like i said ill work my best on it and i apreciate you being polite about it. one thing i cant stand is people being rude man do i hate that. but again thank you
$toreycadillac 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  

Didnt know amps could be cause such an argument... Well now i kinda have an idea on what i would need to power my subs. Im starting to understand the whole ohms law thing. Im taking electronics class now so that should help. As far as capacitors go... Yes i will need one only if the headlights should dim or anything else be affected by the power drain of the subs and amplifier. A capacitors job basically is to store energy voltage or wattage i forgot but it stores energy and when the subs should hit hard pulling power from the amp the amp would pull that power from the capacitor. I dont know what 2 ohm stereo means because i can run the subs 2 ohms by  wiring them parallel. Could i do that from a single channel amp? or would i need a 2 channel amp?

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
If your alternator is doing it's job properly, it won't allow enough of a voltage drop for any significant headlight dim.  Stereo means there's two discrete channels- left and right.  A single channel amp is also known as a mono amp.  It basically combines the left and right inputs together to give you one channel.  Most mono amps are 2 ohm stable.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I doubt he will need any upgrade in electrical system on his car. A Capacitor works when it is used properly to just give that little extra power when the base really starts to hit hard, not for when it dims all the time for that you need an new alternator and probally a new battery. Running at one ohm is usually not a good idea even on an 1 ohm stable amp. I only do it on JL's and Alphasonik's because there very efficent and hard to kill.
hobobasher 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2005 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

yeah I doubt he will need to upgrade the electrical system too. I think he will be fine. Sorry about the little disagreement but it wasnt my fault but I am still apologizing because I was involved in it.

Paul

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic