icon

adding fans to cool amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
If you can fit the wire in there then go for it. Make sure it is securely in there and dose not have any bare metal wire touching the amp. Also you might want to put a fuse some where on that line. If not you can either get a small distro block or go directly to the battery just be sure and fuse the cable.
F4Pilot 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  

Hey bberman.  As far as putting a relay closer to the HU, why cant you tap from the factory 12V?  Isnt the constant radio wire factory fused?  Or is that not the issue? 

Soon, I will have a few items in the dash which require remote turn-on in addition to the amps.  Need to know.  Thanks.

02 Odyssey / 99 F4
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
F4Pilot  that constant to the relay is supplying what ever you connect to the relay with power. You wouldn’t want to add a load onto the wire supplying power to your head unit would you?
F4Pilot 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  

I'll say no, because thats the correct answer?  adding fans to cool amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Are we talking E = I X R ?  Which part of Ohm's Law is applicable and what does that translate to in a negative outcome?  Burned out head unit?

Thanks much for taking the time. 

02 Odyssey / 99 F4
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

Well then why don’t you get your power for your amps from the head units constant?

I’m not saying it wont work I’m suggestion the best way to do it is to run a separate line to the relay. Let’s say you have a 45 amp relay and you are running 40 amps off the relay do you want to end up pulling an additional 40 amps off that constant wire? Do you want to end up like this? ( no offence carguy411) https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=6262&SearchPagePosition=1&search=head+unit+dims&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Thread&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search#thread 

F4Pilot 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2002 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

"Let’s say you have a 45 amp relay and you are running 40 amps off the relay do you want to end up pulling an additional 40 amps off that constant wire?"

Point taken.  Learned something new.  Thats why I ask.  Thanks for responding.

02 Odyssey / 99 F4
bberman1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2002 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Delighted to have explained things
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic