the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Ireggi alt prob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fingaz22 
Silver - Posts: 410
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

ya if you hear a little clicking in the alt. when you hand spun it. the brushes could be set to low and catching on the armatuer. so i would go with the first thing i said "defective" hurring up to push stuff out the door just doesn't pay off as your experiencing now. i really understand on being reluctant to send the alt. back but for that price it should be perfect with no problems.

i do know some of the older vw's have that higher rpm to kick in the generator field. but thats like the 60's early 70's. but i really dont believe it should happen with the ireggi's. i've never experenced it anyhow. on start up they put out there 14.4 and peak on amparge like jeff said. so off the see the wizard the wouderful wizard of oz. ha!

maybe you could send it out to someone else and you'll have better luck on time wise, thats if you don't mind paying for some elses mistake that there responcible for.

good luck alpineguy. if you want i'll give you my guy info and he's out here in rhode island and im sure you would get it back in a weeks time or maybe a little long but nothing over two weeks. door to door. depending on what shipping class you use.

hopefully i helped you in some way. good luck again alpine guy.

JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
hu,alpine cva 1005/dva 5205
sound processor,symmetry(first one).
sub amp,power 1000 the terminator.(1992).
subs,spl comp dual 1 ohms.
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for your help man, im going to wait for dom to get back to me...i think he checks his e-mail once a week or less.  If he dosn't get back to me by next week i'll see about giving him a call.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
fingaz22 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
ya no problem any time good luck.
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
Alpine Guy 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
I believe my problems will be worked out, seems he sent my alternator with a 2 7/8" pulley, when it requires a 2" pulley.  Its takeing forever to get it done, but its slowly getting done, , once he stops asking stupid questions that is.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
fingaz22 
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
thankx for the up date alpineguy ,see it can be something that simple where the pully is not spinning fast enough because it was to big and reving it up got it to proper revolution. almost inpossible to figure out without the right info. let us know what happens when you recieve the new pully. it is always great to have knoldge on thing we will run into.
JUST ONE MORE AMP!!!
punch 150hd on a 10" ev.
alotofhighs
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ha! I went through the same thing! I have had three different pulleys for mine. I must say they do do things at their own pace.
Alpine Guy 
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Haha, why did you have to go through 3 different pulley's? Kept sending you the wrong ones i assume? He seems to be lost in terms of keeping track of business.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  

The first was for a three groove belt, the second was too wide and the third, well it was modified by me. I had to incorporate some loctite.

You are right about the business side of things, fortunately he seems pretty nice becsause I called him more often than not.

ragoal12 
Copper - Posts: 135
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2005 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
u guys r killing me here talking about how slow it is to get an iraggi alt.. im dieing to get mine.. i finally have stinger sending me a new battery since mine went bad.. and i ordered a 200 amp iraggi alt and with winter about upon us in good old nebraska.. i was hoping to have it 2 weeks after ordering and that week is this week and i have yet to get a tracking number.. hopefully his alternators r worth the wait!
S.O.B custsoms.. South Omaha, Nebraska
alexv305 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2005 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  
I wonder what I would hit, in terms of DBs, if I have (2) L5 15s and a Soundstream PCA2000D. Im running with the "big 3" all redone with 1/0 AWG Power wire, in a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria with a 130 amp alternator...
Alpine HU
Directed 5-Band Equalizer
Two Pionner 6x8 4-ways
Two Pionner 6x9 3-ways
Audiobahn A6004T
Two Kicker L5 15s
Soundstream PCA2000D
Audiobahn 1 Farad Power Cap
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic