icon

Another CD Player with no power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
twistedtweak 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
it is the same thing, but is only 49.99 it said on the box, keeps gm safety and warning chimes functioning in your vehicle, issues healthy ok system status to computer, provides +12V switched power source for aftermarket stereo
so im assuming i need that, but i could be wrong.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
If you don't mind losing the door chimes; and don't mind the radio going off as soon as you turn the key off, then you really don't need that unit. You'll just need to run the new switched power lead. The healthy system status to the computer is a bit misleading; there is no check in the vehicle's computer as to the status of the radio.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
twistedtweak 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged  
I personally dont care, but she flips over the smallest things, so im just trying to keep whats there and do what is needed, so i just want to know if i do get that, do i just have to hook it up, and it will get power after that, or will i still have to run a new lead?
Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
no; that piece will read the data signal from the factory wiring and provide the proper switched lead
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
twistedtweak 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
okay i got that piece, and isntalled it, cd player powers up, have had the system going strong for 2 days, now im getting a problem, earlier my fiance stopped to get gas, turned the car off filled up and got back in, it dinged so she would put the seat belt in, but it did not stop dinging, just kept going, so she came to where i work so i could disconnect the cd player, and it finally stopped, it dinged for about 5 min straight untill i unpluged it. Any ideas? Also, ever since we put this new HU in the antenna is real weak, i cant really get any reception, any ideas on that, or will i have to get a better adapter or actual antenna.
Once again your help is really appreciated
Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
are you using the multi-plug adapter that has all kinds of plugs on it?  I know they sell those all-in-one units at wal-mart.  If you are; I would recommend going with one made specifically for that vehicle, a metra 40-GM10  for example.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic