tach signal on golf tdi

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uggs4u 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

HI THERE

ive just fitted a clifford concept 650 on a 2001 golf tdi, i need to find a tach signal so can get the blaxjax to operate,can anybody please tel me where i can get the tach siganal please?  already know that i might have to buy a sepearate tach module for diesel cars... but just want to be sure if i really need it...

thanks in advance uggs

gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
PD or Rotary pump?
If it's the PD, there will be a round connector on the end of the cylnder head beside the tandem fuel pump. Use one of the brown with a stripe.
If it is the older rotary pump style (visible fuel lines and injectors) there will be a small 3 pin connector on the front of the motor, beside oil filter assembly that has a black, brown, and white wire. Tach is the white.
If all else fails, tach is also at the ECU, left connector, light GREEN/ light orange. (ECU sucks to get at... under cowling below windshield.)
HTH
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
uggs4u 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  

its the 1.9 gt tdi 130bhp PD engine! is there anyway i can test the wire before i make a connection with DMM? what values should i be looking for?

thanks UGGS!

gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2005 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
You will get an AC voltage at the proper injector wire.
Looks like you have the PD..... there will be a round connector with I believe 5 or 6 wires. Many of them will be brown with a colored stripe. I usually use the BROWN / blue on any PD's that I have done. The connector is located at the end of the cylnder head, usually right next to the tandem fuel pump. It's black, round, and right out in the open. Probably on the driver's side of the car (it's on the opposite end of the head from all the driven accessories and the timing belt)
Gus
uggs4u 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  

ive tapped into BROWN / blue wire and the alarm has learned the signal but the blaxjax is taking ages to kick in! is dat how its going to be or shall i try another wire?

is it possible to disable the factory alarm as it keeps going of everytime i disarm the clifford,also sometimes if i arm with the cliiford and leave the car for a few hours and press disarm the doors wont unlock  is it something to do with the deadlocks on factory alarm

thanks UGGS

gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
How did you do your doorpins?
Set up the Clifford for double pulse unlock. On pulse will disarm and unlock the driver's door. Second will unlock all doors.
Gus
uggs4u 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
thats exactly how ive done it! ive picked the door pin connection from the central locking interface under the dashboard...
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Go into each door separately, it will be the BROWN / white stripe at the latch mechanism harness.
The one off of the CCM will pulse and do other things. I don't find it to be very reliable.
Gus
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Rember the new blacxjax needs rpm to aci\tivate 1 1/2 times the program rate so if you drive slow about 1300 to 1400 rpm it willnever go off.What i do is try and turn  the idle down till the car abouts stalls at that point i program the rpm.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
uggs4u 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2005 at 3:45 AM / IP Logged  
what if i used the courtesy control wire in headlining that picks up all 4 door pins?  will that stop interfering with factory alarm?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic